Housing waiver for veteran not covering costs

Find how to get help with rent
PatMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing waiver for veteran not covering costs

Post by PatMac »

I'm a 60 year honorably discharged veteran in a two year Government
Program in Desert Hot Springs CA. My two years are up and I haven't had time to save for a place to live.
I've completed all requirements in the program, I now receive Social Security Disable and a Service Related income, for medical condition, still making my appointments at Loma Linda Hospital still under doctors care, I started just receiving this income when the IRS intercepting payments On what I owed in the past.
I've been unemployed for the last 5 years and Homeless trying to get back on my feet. Also Social Security has informed me on a over payment which I asked for a waiver. Not sure if I did receive an over payment? I'm trying to take care of all this but first!" I need assistance on a place to live! Needing to-look in the Orange County la Palma area near my sister, I’m single And would like to live close to family.
If I receive assistance it would have to be low income, not knowing what I have to owe. If it's possible I really need assistance or guidance. It would help me a great deal. I have tried help from the VA but not receiving any response. I have a good running car, insurance And a license. I been seeking a loan to pay off what little I have of bills and for the first month rent and fees which will be paid back monthly through my direct deposit. I don't want to be homeless again as 5 years is enough. If you can help best way to contact me is by email.
sasolis
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing waiver for veteran not covering costs

Post by sasolis »

VA Disability cannot be garnished. Check out 5 CFR 581.103 for what sources of income are subject to garnishment. If they garnish SS usually only 15%.
Offtherack
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing waiver for veteran not covering costs

Post by Offtherack »

USAF Vet with pending SSDI/SSI claim-appeal/hearing. My wife now working full time and developmentally disabled adult step-son have an Immediate need, Buford/Flowery (Hall/Gwinnett County), GA. Family Crisis, Eviction effective this friday, movers coming Thursday, but I have 24 hours and have not been able to find affordable housing in the area of my wife's FT job (Buford/Flowery Branch, GA), or any assistance with the 'move-in cost' (1st month-security and utility deposit).
We have some money but not nearly enough to cover 'move-in' cost completely. If we can't find a viable home and the funds to get into it (again we will be able to sustain on-going rent, just need help with move-in), we will need to re-direct our resources to storing our belongings Thursday before they are put on the curb Friday morning. Then the additional expense of moving it again when we do find a home will only prolong our homeless stint.
I have been in touch with local agencies, non-profits, GA Vet Services, VA Homeless Vet Hotline, and I did manage to be blessed with a volunteer work crew and a truck and trailer to move my belongings Thursday morning, but what I have got most often is 'we' don't have any programs to help you with housing or there are no funds available if they do have a program and EVERYBODY has a list of phone numbers of 'somebody else' to call who usually doesn't have a program or if they do, there is no funding available at this time, but they always helpful with a list of phone numbers of 'somebody else' to call that might be able to help. I have been trying find help for almost 2 weeks and with a few exceptions, I have met with call someone else, I'll get back to you in a day or 2, or messages not returned.
I have not found one single phone number that offered any real assistance or ESG or Rapid Re-entry program to apply more much less asked or invited to apply for. I guess by calling the veteran VA Homeless hotline, that is considered applying, but it took almost 36 hours to get a rep to call me back (after hours Tuesday evening) with the advice to go in person to Ft McPherson (45 miles), visit the Community Resource Center and ask for Supportive Services for Veteran Families between 8am-2pm.
My question is, where I can find someone who CAN help, don't waste my time with might and maybe, MY CLOCK is ticking toward crisis for me and my family. Every minute me that passes my anxiety, stress and fear grow and become more real and during the last 2 weeks have been asking and calling and spent literally hours and hours trying to find help and find answers for myself. I feel like I have failed myself and my family, and had to reach out for help and found nothing more than... 'Good Luck with that...’ If you can really find me some help, please do, if all you have is a list of numbers and websites of groups that you don't really know anything about or ever worked with or even talk too, for me to chase, please consider whether you are actually part of the 'solution' or 'problem'.