Assisted living for my senior father

Find how to get help with rent
RedDog
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Assisted living for my senior father

Post by RedDog »

My father is on title 19 in CT. He is renting now but considering moving to an assisted living community which is not covered by title 19. He is under the impression he can get $1000+ from the VA a month for housing as well as stay on title 19. I do not think this is true. I think the assisted living place is leading him on and wasting his time. Can you tell me if it's possible to have both benefits?
sasolis

Re: Assisted living for my senior father

Post by sasolis »

Call the VA immediately and talk to them on his behalf, they will let you know what he can and cannot qualify for.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Assisted living for my senior father

Post by Admin »

We do have various senior housing programs listed (just recently). They include assisted properties and other sites.
We are not sure if you can get both benefits or not, but call the local agency and in the meantime find subsidized senior citizen housing resources.
RedDog wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:37 am My father is on title 19 in CT. He is renting now but considering moving to an assisted living community which is not covered by title 19. He is under the impression he can get $1000+ from the VA a month for housing as well as stay on title 19. I do not think this is true. I think the assisted living place is leading him on and wasting his time. Can you tell me if it's possible to have both benefits?