Security Deposit help so I can stop living in my car

Find how to get help with rent
Marshall
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Security Deposit help so I can stop living in my car

Post by Marshall »

Hi, I’m in a situation where I’m living in my car and do not have enough money to put down for an apartment. I just started a job but will need at least 3 full paychecks to get the money I need, which could take 2-3 months. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Suze

Re: Security Deposit help so I can stop living in my car

Post by Suze »

I live in La Habra, CA 90631. Recently our apartment ceiling collapsed and we lost everything. We moved to our car. We were never reimbursed for our losses, and I had not yet put renter's insurance on my policy. We then had our car stolen and now are facing homelessness in 8 days.
We have come up with the deposit on an apartment in La Habra to hold it for us, but need an additional 950.00 (first month rent), to be able to move in. I am 55 and have 4 adult children with back injuries, but they are mobile. They do not receive any disability though.
I am desperate for the first month's rent to have shelter for us and was wondering if you could assist us? We want to get out of living in our car. My computer is breaking down, as we speak so my number is in case I cannot communicate properly here by email. Thank you for your immediate consideration.
Melvin

Re: Security Deposit help so I can stop living in my car

Post by Melvin »

I am a full time College student at Rasmussen College and work a part time. My husband works a full time and brings home about 300 a week. We have been living in a car and then with my parents but they gave up 3 weeks to find a place because they need to help another family member out by giving them our room. We have the rent money. It’s just the security deposit that's holding us back from moving. Any advice?