Find how to get help with rent
LaTessa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Legal aid for unlawful eviction

Post by LaTessa »

Hello,
I am trying to get in touch with EAPE in Los Angeles. I need the phone number or address where I can talk to them in person.
I got served an unlawful detained Friday 10/17/15 and need to respond. I need help responding as well as emergency assistance. My family is on the Calworks program. I have a newborn baby that's only 3 weeks old. We will be off Calworks at the end of May once my husband starts his new job.
We just need to pay at least 2 months rent to stop the eviction even though we are 3 months behind.
Hopefully we qualify for some kind of assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legal aid for unlawful eviction

Post by Admin »

There are some attorneys that focus on housing issues as well as "eviction defense". So try EAPE as you said (and just google their number/address), or try the other resources we also have listed on the site. As there are many options for you. But if you are 3 months behind, need 2 months of help, then that is five months total. That is a ton of money you are "Asking" for, and we doubt an attorney or any charity can help. But try, and learn more on eviction defense services.
LaTessa wrote:We just need to pay at least 2 months rent to stop the eviction even though we are 3 months behind.
Hopefully we qualify for some kind of assistance.
Kathy_Matts

Post by Kathy_Matts »

I live Rego Park NY 11374. I have an eviction orders as a result of my Landlords Misrepresentation and lying in the court, which I'm still fighting for it as a tenant my rights has been violated. The Landlord twisted the facts and misrepresented in the Court, DHCR and HPD as a result of all these manipulations the judgment was obtained against me. So I need a lawyer to help me.
I have submitted an Appeal in the Appellate term, but I need legal aid as well on this process. I have alleged back arrears which I need to pay as quickly as possible to stop the eviction orders by the Judge. I request for the help as much as you can, as little as you wish all this help will be appreciated.
I will appreciate this help at my difficult time please do not hesitate if you have any questions and concerns or need any kind of documentation I will provide all. I need help in paying my alleged back arrears, please if some can help me. Thanking you for your kind consideration and looking this matter compassionately.
You’re sincerely,
Advair

Post by Advair »

I was wrongfully unlawfully evicted Thursday August 2nd, 2019. I need help finding an attorney, but I need help paying my bills. I had to rent a U-Haul Van 2 collect belongings thrown in the driveway. I need a place to stay. They threw my work clothes in a box and the sprinklers came on so they're going to mildew if I don't wash them soon. They threw my bed in the same manner and it's soaked. Of course, there's many other details but I do need help from legal aid when unlawfully evicted. Please advise.