DSS rental programs

Find how to get help with rent
WolfB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

DSS rental programs

Post by WolfB »

I need help with paying my rent as my roommate up and just took off. I don't make enough money on my own and am hoping someone can help as well. I've been put in a bad place as he is threatening to not help pay the remainder of the balance that we owe and I know time is only ticking and I don't see myself coming back from this. I have exhausted all of my resources and went to the family service center yesterday at 7:30 am and also called until about 10 am and had no luck. Any help would be nice as I have had a string of bad events happen to me.
I was recently robbed too which what is first got me behind as I was nice enough to let a homeless man come over since it was so hot out. I know that is not your problem and it was probably dumb of me to invite him in but I have been there before and know how it feels. Hope you can provide me with some more resources and or places that could assist since the lady was rude at the center and said they only take 5 people. The Department of Economic Security did refer me to walk-in but I guess I should have read it clearer too. I know there's not much to do but I figured I would try one more time as I’m surprised I haven't been evicted yet as my promise to pay is up with my complex. Please let me know as soon as possible with possible possibilities as I’m really scared and don't want to get evicted. Thanks.
Magenta

Re: DSS rental programs

Post by Magenta »

I'd like help with my rent from DSS so I can fix my truck. I'm disabled and didn’t work but my truck gets me to the hospital and another appointments.
My rent is 400 a month but it's Christmas time and I wanted to get my nephews and nieces some gifts cause my sisters a single mom and can use my help. I'm on disability cause of my leg so I can't do much. Believe me I'd love to go back to work. I almost died last year because I had blood poisonings in my lungs liver and kidneys... But I pulled thru but can't work... So I'm a little hurt this year. Any help from your DSS office would be appreciated. Thank you either way or Merry Christmas.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: DSS rental programs

Post by Admin »

Suffolk County has a number of DSS programs and social services. In fact dozens. Maybe low income housing, food, SSI disability, and more. Find the Suffolk County DSS programs here. There are multiple offices to try.
Magenta wrote:I'd like help with my rent from DSS so I can fix my truck. I'm disabled and didn’t work but my truck gets me to the hospital and another appointments.
My rent is 400 a month but it's Christmas time and I wanted to get my nephews and nieces some gifts cause my sisters a single mom and can use my help. I'm on disability cause of my leg so I can't do much. Believe me I'd love to go back to work. I almost died last year because I had blood poisonings in my lungs liver and kidneys... But I pulled thru but can't work... So I'm a little hurt this year. Any help from your DSS office would be appreciated. Thank you either way or Merry Christmas.