Housing for someone now sober

Find how to get help with rent
Signsealed
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing for someone now sober

Post by Signsealed »

I am a recovering drug addict who was hooked on prescription pain killers. Thanks to a good support system I have been able to stay clean for almost a year now. I have a job but was recently laid off due to lack of work. I will resume work when business picks back up at my place of employment.
Before the layoff I was living hand to mouth and now that I have no income. I am unable to get a place of my own. My son and I currently are living in my parents house. I need assistance for a security deposit and at least a months rent. My vehicle was also repossessed so I have no way to get around.
MonicaSmith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing for someone now sober

Post by MonicaSmith »

Hello, I have 2 kids, boy 13 girl 11...and we are in desperate need of our own home. Things have been so hectic and a struggle the last couple years, but have been homeless since March. We have just been staying here and there, now with school in session its so hard to do.
I do have an application in with the metropolitan housing, but seems there’s a long waiting list. My kids have always went to nelsonville, and my goal has been to keep them there, I have drove them back and forth the last two years, and just can't do it anymore. We're staying in the trimble close to my grandmother, we’ve been staying with her too there’s just not enough room. My question is...what can I do?
I do not know what to do or who to turn to, somebody had just mentioned maybe this service could help. I look and apply for jobs everywhere and no calls what so ever. I only have an income of 300 + a month from child support. If there’s anything anybody can help me with or who I can turn too, it be such a blessing to me and my children...they don’t deserve to live like this. I’m failing them and don’t know how much more of this I can take, please if there’s anything anybody can help me with it be so much appreciated. Thank you!