Being ripped off by my income based housing

Find how to get help with rent
Body
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Being ripped off by my income based housing

Post by Body »

I live in low income housing where they are only supposed to take 30 percent of my income but they are taking more than 50 percent so I can’t afford to live here anymore. I do work only 24 hours a week cause my job cut my hours. I don’t know what to do and need help. Wondering if it would be better to just leave here and move somewhere else where the landlords will be fare with me. Please help me and share your thoughts in this matter with me. Thank you so much.
Stewards
anti spam: Blue

Re: Being ripped off by my income based housing

Post by Stewards »

Sunnyvale, California
Hi. I am in desperate need of rental assistance and for my section 8 income based home. I am past due on my September rent of $700. My landlord is not being flexible: Said he wants the full amount September 15th, or he will give me an eviction notice; where I will be expected to completely be moved out on October 1st.
I am currently unemployed, but apply to 50-100 job postings every day. I had 2 staffing agency interviews this morning, and I have a direct-hire interview Thursday morning.
I started a job August 31st: As an income tax office assistant. It was a blessing: $18/hr. I was expecting to, and trying to show as much enthusiasm as possible; but the owner/employer told me "I wasn't a good fit, and ended my employment September 2nd.
I was anticipating working, and getting paid on September 15th, and promised my landlord that I would pay him September rent in full on the 15th. I have been unemployed since, and searching for full-time work every day. I am willing and able to begin work the very next day.
Please advice.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Being ripped off by my income based housing

Post by Admin »

The San Jose County Saint Vincent de Paul may offer some emergency financial help. Maybe that will include rent. You can try. But if you are on section 8, why do you need help? As that is income based housing. If you have no job may be tough.

Stewards wrote:Sunnyvale, California
Hi. I am in desperate need of rental assistance and for my section 8 income based home.