Terminal illness and about to be evicted as behind on rent

Find how to get help with rent
Yankee_fan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Terminal illness and about to be evicted as behind on rent

Post by Yankee_fan »

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with a brain tumor - glioblastoma. I had a total gross resection on my right temporal lobe. I am now unable to work and will be undergoing radiation and chemotherapy treatments at the same time beginning within the next 2 weeks. I have been gainfully employed since I was 18 years old. I have 2 children living with me.
I was given a 1 year statistical life expectancy. I am unable to pay my rent which is $700.00 per month. I do not want to be evicted and put on street with my 2 kids. I have applied for disability and been assured there will be no problem getting approved. However, there is a 5-month waiting period until I will begin receiving money. I had no benefits or leave time at the place of my employment. I really need some help please!
Kylep

Re: Terminal illness and about to be evicted as behind on rent

Post by Kylep »

Hi, I have never needed to ask for help paying my rent but I am struggling really bad these past few months. I have 4 small kidsand my grandmother just had to move into my house so that I could take care of her. She is terminal and only has about 6 to 7 months to live.
I am on the verge of getting evicted any day now and I don't have anyone to turn to for help. If you could get back with me as soon as possible that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Terminal illness and about to be evicted as behind on rent

Post by Admin »

We are sorry to hear about your grandmother...so sad. Good for you to take care of her. There are some options in your region of Prescott County, and you can find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
But most places will want the applicant to have a source of income. Also look into funeral help for your grandmother.
Kylep wrote:Hi, I have never needed to ask for help paying my rent but I am struggling really bad these past few months. I have 4 small kidsand my grandmother just had to move into my house so that I could take care of her. She is terminal and only has about 6 to 7 months to live.
I am on the verge of getting evicted any day now and I don't have anyone to turn to for help. If you could get back with me as soon as possible that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God bless.