Storage unit fees while moving

Find how to get help with rent
discordmomma
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Storage unit fees while moving

Post by discordmomma »

If You can help my family with funds regarding housing. I pay monthly for my storage unit in Moosi PA. It is $115.00 but I need help getting a company like p.o.d.s. to drop a container which is 1950.00 to move my family and whole household to Florida. If You can help me I would appreciate it. I do not have the funds to move my storage unit and if You can't do You know who can help us. Thank You. I hope You can help us.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Storage unit fees while moving

Post by Admin »

So you are moving to Florida? Paying for a storage fee is very rare. Hard to justify it when thousands of people in Hillsborough County face evictions each month. Anyway, maybe save money so you can afford the move to Florida. Or feel free to try the Hillsborough County eviction programs for referrals.
Greene

Post by Greene »

I am a single mother with 4 kids. We had to move out of our house 6 months ago and had to put everything we owned in storage. I have put in application for a job and has not had any luck at all.
I am reaching out to see if anyone can help me pay my storage. I am 200 dollar beside on it. I can't get in due to storage putting a lock on it. All of my kids winter clothes are in there. I been having to put short on them because everything is in storage, so if you can please let Me know if their is anyone that can help me. Thank you and may good bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe some random charity will offer you storage, such as the back of a thrift store. Or maybe (just maybe) they will give you a few dollars to pay some of the costs, but we doubt it. Much more likely is they give their money for more pressing needs, such as rent, food, etc. But try this list here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ns_th.html
Scarlett Bloom

Post by Scarlett Bloom »

I need storage unit costs of $165.00 to get all we have left in our storage unit as I am in the process of moving. We have been homeless, 7 months. I had a wonderful support in Raft for security deposit and first months rent@ $525.00. After finding and securing a section 8 apartment, my file was transferred. The new agency SMOC say they cannot honor the storage unit or first month costs. We have fought so hard and are so close. My children all made it through the school year, despite commuting 90 miles back and forth to school in my 16 year old jalopy car. I am devastated, in danger of losing this rental home in Marlborough before moving unless the storage costs are paid. I expected funding to go through TODAY 8-15, instead I get a call that all terms have changed. I humbly ask for these costs to allow my family to step out of homelessness of almost 8 months! Thank you for your consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Storage cost help is not common. though it may be possible, and asking for $165 is not a ton of money. Especially if it can prevent homelessness for you and your family. Try a federal government rapid rehousing programs for that assistance you need.
Scarlett Bloom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 am I need storage unit costs of $165.00 to get all we have left in our storage unit as I am in the process of moving.
Sophia Leone

Post by Sophia Leone »

Hello my name is Amanda and I'm looking for help/assistance for my storage unit while I am moving and possibly also help with housing such as rental security.
Due to my situation I am currently in I was told I would be able to be put in a section 8 housing (Not sure how true that is) but I don't know if I was or if I should fill out a form and exactly what website leads you to the correct form for that or HUD housing. Where to apply for storage unit help for a short period of time when moving. I only ask because I've been on a ton of incorrect ones. Have a greatly appreciate anything you could help me with.