Son is sick

Find how to get help with rent
Ver Dict
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Son is sick

Post by Ver Dict »

I am a single mom and work full time and until a month ago I also worked a part time job as well. The part time job ended when the elderly gentleman I was caring for moved into a senior living facility as his Parkinson's disease became more debilitating. In September my son was hospitalized 4 hours away (we don't have an adolescent hospital in our area).
He was there in Richmond for 7 days, I stayed in Lynchburg to be near him during that time. However, missing a week's pay and the part time job ending has put me behind in my rent. I received a pay up or quit notice last Monday November. I have tried everything to come up with the $600 I owe but to no avail. I don't know what to do or where to turn. I tried CHAP and they are out of funds (rental) at the moment due to people needing heating and fuel assistance. I have tried churches in my town and they all say "we give to CCAP".
I am out of time and out of hope. I am trying to provide a home for my son which I have been doing on my own for years, but for the first time I have stumbled and have no where to turn. I have a great work history, I work hard and never miss a day of work, but when my son was sick I had no choice, I HAD to be with him even though it set me back. I really can't believe that one paycheck has caused this downward spiral. I don't have any family to ask for help. I only have my mom and she is on social security and has nothing extra to give or she would help me. Please email me with any resources in my area. I live in Richmond Virginia. Thank you very much.
Mills

Re: Son is sick

Post by Mills »

My rent is $620 per month, and I am a few months behind and my son is sick. I have a J.D. but have not yet passed the bar exam. I am currently seeking employment but have had difficulties. Last night, I received notice of an eviction hearing scheduled Monday 9/19. I plan to contact my landlord to negotiate a payment plan and to request more time due to bring my sick son to the doctor. Hopefully, they will withdraw their claim. If I can tell them I am receiving assistance that would help my chances in either negotiations or a court hearing. I appreciate any help you can provide. I reside in Morgantown, WV. Please e-mail me with any additional information or with any questions you have. Thank you very much in advance. I appreciate your time and consideration.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Son is sick

Post by Admin »

$620 per month may be doable. Some agencies may help with that as seems to be affordable, and you also indicated you are working. So look into the options for rent help, as both local and national resources are out there.
Mills wrote:My rent is $620 per month.