Find how to get help with rent
Menendez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources for stopping our eviction

Post by Menendez »

To whom it concerns
My family and I have a critical need for your help.
My fiance has been laid off & has been looking for work for a while now and I am physically recovering from hip replacement surgery. I have just started working as a consultant for a well-established and respected health and wellness business and it shows serious financial promise for us. The house we've lived in for almost four years was recently sold and we face eviction at month's end unless an agreement can be met by us and the new owner. A court date for eviction has been set for the 21st of this month in Madison County court! The former owner and we had a verbal agreement on handshake and good word to be able to live here and renovate areas such as the outdated kitchen and bathroom. In addition this former owner gave her word that should the home go up for sale that we would have first option to buy. We have lived here for almost 4 years and consider this as our home.
We have been treated unfairly. Our aim is to contact the new owner with your help as a mediator of sorts as a show of good intent.
We hope wholeheartedly that the new owner will work with us if a third-party agency such as yourself can vouch for us in regards to regaining our financial footing in ability to pay.
We need immediate assistance in preventing us losing our home! Can you help us please?
What additional connections with resources are there for us because our main goal is to keep our home? We will do whatever is necessary to remain in this house.
We live in Madison County Virginia
Looking forward to your email ASAP. Also please forward this email to any other agency/charity that will help us. Please contact me today.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resources for stopping our eviction

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately your options are limited. A "handshake" agreement is not a contract in Madison County Virginia or anywhere for that matter. You needed a written agreement/lease in order to stop the eviction. The new property owner has no obligation to lease to you or any existing tenant. It is now their home so they can do as they way, such as renovate it, eviction people, etc. So while your options are limited, feel free to try legal aid. But unless you have a written contract you are in a very bad place. Try this for information, and click Greene and Madison County programs.
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

Hello, my name is Kelsey and I need help paying my rent only just this month as well as resources for stopping an eviction. I currently was told to look for work elsewhere because I wouldn't agree to have relations with my now ex-boss. I have started a new job  elsewhere but have not gotten paid a d probably will not till the beginning of next month. I currently live in Weirton WV; Hancock County I believe. If you know anyone who can help me out with stopping the eviction, or with even half of the amount I would greatly appreciate it. Everyone I have tried is either out of money or doesn't help with rent.
Again, my name is Kelsey and I live Weirton West Virginia Hancock County
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are resources for stopping an eviction. Everything from legal to financial aid, transitional housing, and government grants from feds and state of WV. We have a list of them, and find eviction help in West Virginia near you.
acampbell wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 am Hello, my name is Kelsey and I need help paying my rent only just this month as well as resources for stopping an eviction.
Again, my name is Kelsey and I live Weirton West Virginia Hancock County