Money to move to Virginia

Find how to get help with rent
Flower1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Money to move to Virginia

Post by Flower1 »

I'm a Washington D.C. resident but I've been wanting to live in NoVA for quite some time. I am fairly low-income (working on that but I digress) and I have no clue how the section 8 and getting on a waiting list thing works or where to start or how to seek out rental assistance. I read notice of openings comes out online on some sites and I've read it gets announced in papers and more-or-less you just need to know where to look.
What websites and/or papers and/or listings should I keep an eye out on? I would like to get on a waiting list for something in Northern Virginia preferably in the Arlington area or Fairfax County or Alexandria area. I'm not currently on any section 8/housing voucher program lists or anything of the like currently. Any resources you can share that can help pay for rent aside from section 8/housing vouchers that's be great.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Money to move to Virginia

Post by Admin »

Maybe the homeless prevention programs in Virginia can help you move. But NoVA is very expensive....maybe as pricey as DC.
As far as the websites to keep your eyes on, use ours! Also use Craigslist, realtor.com, and local classified in NoVA. Since you are in the area of Alexandra and Fairfax, you should know which to use. Good luck.
Flower1 wrote:I'm a Washington D.C. resident but I've been wanting to live in NoVA for quite some time. I am fairly low-income (working on that but I digress) and I have no clue how the section 8 and getting on a waiting list thing works or where to start or how to seek out rental assistance. I read notice of openings comes out online on some sites and I've read it gets announced in papers and more-or-less you just need to know where to look.
What websites and/or papers and/or listings should I keep an eye out on? I would like to get on a waiting list for something in Northern Virginia preferably in the Arlington area or Fairfax County or Alexandria area. I'm not currently on any section 8/housing voucher program lists or anything of the like currently. Any resources you can share that can help pay for rent aside from section 8/housing vouchers that's be great.
BLoyd

Post by BLoyd »

Hello, I am 65 years young and I don't have any place to live. I'm from house to house of my family and friends. I need a place I can call home. I found a house in Hampton Virginia the realtor is asking for $1,000.00 deposit and $1,000.00 rent right now. I am supposed to be getting $681.00 a month and I have just applied for SSI income it has not been approved yet but I can’t work because of health reasons and age. Please let me know what I can do to help myself and how to do it. HELP PLEASE.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need a little money, then try some of the iPhone apps out there. You can make money for your move to Virginia. Use that cash to and combine it with your primary job too.
BLoyd wrote: I need a place I can call home. HELP PLEASE.