Landlady is demanding rent

Find how to get help with rent
TigWoods
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Landlady is demanding rent

Post by TigWoods »

We have been to court, landlady was granted immediate possession of property, we filed an appeal not knowing what that entailed and before we did that we owed 2 months back rent @ $560.00 a month. We also owed a deposit of the same amount and court cost, now the appeal jumped it to $4,040.00.
My Husband is disabled and we are awaiting a decision from the Social Security Administration, his lawyer has filed a letter that states we are in dire straits, but we have not heard from them at this time. I don't expect anyone to donate the full amount, but any amount will be greatly appreciated, every little bit adds up to the goal amount and we only have until December to have the above amount paid or vacate the property. If you require additional details please email me and I can explain.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Landlady is demanding rent

Post by Admin »

It can take months to get a decision from the Social Security Administration, so you can't depend on them for help with your rent. Try another agency in Atlanta first, as they often give priority to the vulnerable. Also, if you want to court already in Fulton County Georgia, it sounds like it is too late for you. A judge in eviction court gives the final say. Anyway, here are some other resources to try in Atalanta. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
TiciaPeck

Post by TiciaPeck »

Hi, I am in desperate need of assistance paying my rent to my landlady. My Balance is $848.00 with an additional 5 dollars is added every day. I have 52 dollars to my name and a house of 4 including myself... I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old and have been denied for nutrition assistance. Seems like we can’t catch a break... Please contact me as soon as possible.
Annies Emerald

Post by Annies Emerald »

I work full time in a Physical Therapy office. I recently went through a break up and am left alone with all of the bills. I am struggling this month with paying rent to the landlady which was due on the 1st. I have never missed paying rent and am very afraid of getting evicted out of my apartment. I don't know where to get help so I am starting here. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you so much!