Need accommodations as house was destroyed by fire

Find how to get help with rent
Tairod
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need accommodations as house was destroyed by fire

Post by Tairod »

My house was destroyed by fire. I have reached out everywhere to find housing that I can afford. My disability of $906.00 is the only income I have. Section 8 at Franklin, Vance, Warren in Henderson NC told me that they were not taking anymore applicants. I felt that this was unfair considering my house was destroyed by fire. Please help!
Marshall

Re: Need accommodations as house was destroyed by fire

Post by Marshall »

I'm not even sure if this is the right email address. I was just trying to figure out how to get help with staying at a hotel accommodations for a few days because I'm getting ready to be homeless. Well I guess I'm already homeless after my house burned down. I'm not even sure this is an address in Illinois. I'm in McLean Illinois right now at a hotel.
I've called over a hundred numbers trying to find help for a fire victim. I'm called path I've called everything. I have my 17 year old daughter and a dog's we can't stay at a shelter..   If somebody could call me back or try to help me find somebody that would help me and my daughter for a few days in Illinois thank you bye.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try the Salvation Army in Bloomington.
They often help with disasters, including fires or home issues. Maybe they can give you a voucher to pay for a motel.
Or send you to a homeless shelter for a night or more until you find a new place to live.
Marshall wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:45 am I'm not even sure if this is the right email address. I was just trying to figure out how to get help with staying at a hotel accommodations for a few days because I'm getting ready to be homeless. Well I guess I'm already homeless after my house burned down. I'm not even sure this is an address in Illinois. I'm in McLean Illinois right now at a hotel.
I've called over a hundred numbers trying to find help for a fire victim. I'm called path I've called everything. I have my 17 year old daughter and a dog's we can't stay at a shelter..   If somebody could call me back or try to help me find somebody that would help me and my daughter for a few days in Illinois thank you bye.
Merical Cromer

Post by Merical Cromer »

Hello, my name is Dejuan and I need accommodations. I am homeless now due to a house fire last week while I was at work. I went to work at 6am perfectly fine and come home to absolutely everything gone. And the only thing that I could think was omg not again. I came home at 9pm last Tuesday to this.
I had a little help from American red cross who assisted me with about 515$ for a room food and 2 pair of clothes which is exactly what I have now. The 500 went so quick because it was truck week and the rooms were 220$ a night. I live in Ormond/ Daytona beach Florida. I don't have anywhere to live right now and I'm trying my hardest to keep it together.
Is there any way that anyone could reach out asap and help me get back on my feet with short term accommodations to help me get back from destroyed house? Please. Please contact if you can assist me with immediate housing and maybe cash assistance. God is working, blessing me but I'm a little down because I can't really see what his picture is just yet. I really hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your time and patience and God bless.