Need accommodations as house was destroyed by fire

Find how to get help with rent
Tairod
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need accommodations as house was destroyed by fire

Post by Tairod » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:25 pm

My house was destroyed by fire. I have reached out everywhere to find housing that I can afford. My disability of $906.00 is the only income I have. Section 8 at Franklin, Vance, Warren in Henderson NC told me that they were not taking anymore applicants. I felt that this was unfair considering my house was destroyed by fire. Please help!

Marshall

Re: Need accommodations as house was destroyed by fire

Post by Marshall » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:45 pm

I'm not even sure if this is the right email address. I was just trying to figure out how to get help with staying at a hotel accommodations for a few days because I'm getting ready to be homeless. Well I guess I'm already homeless after my house burned down. I'm not even sure this is an address in Illinois. I'm in McLean Illinois right now at a hotel.
I've called over a hundred numbers trying to find help for a fire victim. I'm called path I've called everything. I have my 17 year old daughter and a dog's we can't stay at a shelter..   If somebody could call me back or try to help me find somebody that would help me and my daughter for a few days in Illinois thank you bye.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need accommodations as house was destroyed by fire

Post by Admin » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Try the Salvation Army in Bloomington.
They often help with disasters, including fires or home issues. Maybe they can give you a voucher to pay for a motel.
Or send you to a homeless shelter for a night or more until you find a new place to live.
Marshall wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:45 pm
I'm not even sure if this is the right email address. I was just trying to figure out how to get help with staying at a hotel accommodations for a few days because I'm getting ready to be homeless. Well I guess I'm already homeless after my house burned down. I'm not even sure this is an address in Illinois. I'm in McLean Illinois right now at a hotel.
I've called over a hundred numbers trying to find help for a fire victim. I'm called path I've called everything. I have my 17 year old daughter and a dog's we can't stay at a shelter..   If somebody could call me back or try to help me find somebody that would help me and my daughter for a few days in Illinois thank you bye.