Disabled veteran sent pay or quit notice from landlord

Find how to get help with rent
Justine
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disabled veteran sent pay or quit notice from landlord

Post by Justine »

I was issued a 10 day eviction on in August 2015. I am a 60% disabled vet. I am currently seeking employment. I don’t want to lose my home. I have a son who I take care of. The amount the court said I had to pay was $1225. I have $500 of that but cannot come up with the rest. I am trying desperately to find a job and hopefully I find one by the end of the month. I just need to be assisted this one time so I don’t have to worry about it this month.
Michelle berryhill
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled veteran sent pay or quit notice from landlord

Post by Michelle berryhill »

I am a Navy veteran. I have been unemployed and recently found a job. Due to not having a job it led me to move my family in a place with unsafe conditions. I didn't have a choice as we had no place to live. Our place was infested with roaches and bedbugs, they were biting my new born and one year old at night.
Our landlord was a slumlord who send me a pay or quit notice to evict us. She threatened us on many times and caused us so much stress that my wife miss carried a baby. It has been hard to have steady income when we were foresee to pay an excessive amount of bills for my family and other boarders living in the same house. I had to get my family out of there and in a safe environment so we relocated to GA but the money I had went to moving and setting up utilities and I don't have the funds for the rent security deposits.
I have been looking for help with this pay or quit but haven't been able to find any. Friday April 8 they shut off the electric due to the unpaid security deposit for lights. It takes a lot to just get set up and if we just get a little help up to make it we can. If you can help us we would appreciate it, and thank you in advance.