Disabled veteran from two wars and facing homelessness

Find how to get help with rent
Valerie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled veteran from two wars and facing homelessness

Post by Valerie »

I am a disabled veteran that has been unemployed for almost six months. I have used my savings to live off of while trying to find a job. All funds have been exhausted. I have received a five day eviction notice. I might finally have a potential job offer. I also am in pursuit of an increase in my disability compensation.
I just need to get survive the month of August. I keep hearing about help for veterans that are about to be homeless but everyone keeps bring up income. I have no income other than the 10% disability for $130.94 a month. If there is someone that can help me, I would greatly appreciate information on who to contact.
Sadir

Re: Disabled veteran from two wars and facing homelessness

Post by Sadir »

Hello,
I have no clue if I am sending this to the right place. I am trying to find help with rent and maybe car insurance (not sure that is even anything you can get help for.)
I need $600 to actually get caught up. But $245 is rent.
I have several health problems that have me working little to none. I was a veteran in 2 wars, My roommate is a saint. But my hardships are bringing hardships on her.
I have the following:
Spondylolisthesis
Fibromyalgia
Carpel tunnel
Recent hysterectomy that hasn’t healed right
Major depression disorder
Anxiety
PTSD stemming from abuse from ex and the 2 wars, and abuse from my son, and watching my oldest die nearly 4 times while trying to become sober.
I now have new symptoms we are just beginning to try to diagnose:
Blurry vision
Dizziness with falling
Memory loss
Loss of time (dissociation)
Seeing floating pinpoints of white light
Trouble speaking
One eye drooping a little (appears to be smaller than other)
Hand twitching
Headaches
My roommate is a good friend. At the moment I have nowhere to go and cannot afford to upset her or cause her to struggle and do not want to be homeless.
Are there any options for help a veteran from 2 wars?
Thank you
Adrianne Vie he
Anestatia

Post by Anestatia »

My name is Cynthia Turner and I have been out of work for 5 years due to helping my veteran husband get better as he is disabled after fighting two wars. But now we have divorced and I have had 2 neck surgeries and still having problems with my neck and my ex veteran husband may go homeless. I need to get another x-ray to see if the plate in my neck has moved or the screws have come out. I have an electric bill of $90 that I had to get an extension on because I have no income. I am currently on food stamps to help feed me.
If someone could direct me and help me pay this bill I would greatly appreciate it!!
I don’t know what else to do for my homeless, veteran disabled husband and me???
Sincerely,
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

Homeless Disabled Navy Veteran
I am a Homeless Disabled Navy Veteran in San Diego, California.
To Whom It May Concern:
I am contacting you because I'm desperate. In spite of the eviction prohibition I have lost my rooms repeatedly after serving in two wars. I registered for the promised help only to receive none. I am a disabled Navy veteran who's just been ruled disabled and only the monthly award is started. The back pay has been approved for me, but the final approval hasn't come in yet. This would have helped in my case to keep a roof over my head instead of being on the streets again.
As I have medical issues, one of which is the diabetic neuropathy and ulcers that makes my leg and foot swell up at least double in size, develop foot ulcers that become infected, all because I don't have all the funds that my award entitles me to. I'm desperately needing help as a disabled, homeless veteran. Tomorrow I'm faced yet again with being homeless and having no hope or something tangible that would give me hope that someone cares about what happens. I'm looking at needing just 80-100 a night to stay here, a week's worth so I can get my back pay, or even a loan that would give me the remainder of the month so that I could concentrate on contacting everyone I need to do to resolve this. That is what I am seeking from you. Help down to it's most basic form, financial which can be given directly to the Days Inn on Hotel Circle. I'm begging you because I don't know whom else to beg from. Maybe you can refer this to people who can help not just think good thoughts to me.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this.
Jeff
Disabled Navy Veteran