Roommate is very sick

Find how to get help with rent
Aaple
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Roommate is very sick

Post by Aaple »

Hi, I was wondering how it worked on getting assistance with helping me paying my rent. I live with a roommate who recently fell ill due to disc and a bad kidney. She has been in the hospital for the past 3 weeks and was not able to work. I am short on my rent by 400 dollars and would like to know what steps I would take to apply without facing eviction. Thank you for your time.
Buble

Re: Roommate is very sick

Post by Buble »

After contracting anairbornvirus that attacked his heart my husband of six years who is my roommate was told he cannot go back to the place we've been renting because of toxins from black mold spores compromise his immunesysrem. Right now he needs a heart transplant. We need the money that would afford us to move to a healthy place.
Lost wages while sick and in hospital left us unable to pay rent on the place with black mold too. So not only are we behind on the bills, we can't afford to move. My roommate has spent money to stay elsewhere when he was released from the hospital.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Roommate is very sick

Post by Admin »

If there is black mold in your apartment, have the landlord remove it. Then seek short term help for paying your rent until you can afford to move. Each municipality in this nation will require people have a safe place to live. If the mold is there, and getting you sick, then that is illegal. So get it addressed, and find resources for paying rent.
Buble wrote:After contracting anairbornvirus that attacked his heart my husband of six years who is my roommate was told he cannot go back to the place we've been renting because of toxins from black mold spores compromise his immunesysrem. Right now he needs a heart transplant. We need the money that would afford us to move to a healthy place.
Lost wages while sick and in hospital left us unable to pay rent on the place with black mold too. So not only are we behind on the bills, we can't afford to move. My roommate has spent money to stay elsewhere when he was released from the hospital.