Facing a 300% increase in rent

Find how to get help with rent
Luck
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Facing a 300% increase in rent

Post by Luck »

I have been working in retail for about six months and I only make $8.00 an hour and I live in housing subsidize by the government. But since I started working my rent has gone up 300% in the last 3 months and I have been struggling to pay this increase and now I have a hearing in housing court as they want to evict me and my 3 children.
I’m very upset and stressed that after working so hard to better myself and getting of welfare they want to make life difficult by throwing me out due to an unfair rental increase, please help me. I’m in the crises of my life . Please I don’t want to end up in a FEMA camp as the government is talking about collapsing the dollar. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Facing a 300% increase in rent

Post by Admin »

Income based housing in Broward County works that way. When the tenants's salary goes up, they need to pay more for their rent. As free housing can't last forever. However agencies should offer advice and help families make that transition. If the landlord is trying to evict you and you need to go to housing court, then seek help first. Your 3 children deserve that. Read more rent help in Broward County.
Crapening

Post by Crapening »

I sent this message already but forgot to include my state - it's California (southern Kern County).
I am Lisa. I'm 36 and disabled I have 2 children that live with me and my husband who is leaving in July to federal prison for some time up to 43 months. He is unemployed, and I receive $1020 social security a month. In addition to that, my rent is going up 300%.
My 2 children receive $215 each from my social security benefits for a total of $1450 a month. Before I became disabled I had a career as a nurse and case manager for the mentally ill & homeless population. I was self-sufficient and independent. I was also happy. Since becoming disabled I cannot afford my bills and I am losing my home as the rent is going up 300%. I am extremely disappointed in myself and depressed. I don't know where to go for help. Please help me so I can help my family. I don't have much time before everything completely falls apart including myself. I don't want my kids to go through this. Please help me. You can email me back at this email address. Thank you so much. Lisa 
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

300% increase in rent may be illegal. While we are not sure of the rules and laws in Kern County, you should look into it. As there are free attorneys in CA for the low income, and maybe you will qualify. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... istan.html
Crapening wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:48 pm I sent this message already but forgot to include my state - it's California (southern Kern County).
I am Lisa. I'm 36 and disabled I have 2 children that live with me and my husband who is leaving in July to federal prison for some time up to 43 months. He is unemployed, and I receive $1020 social security a month. In addition to that, my rent is going up 300%.
Tyler Hanson

Post by Tyler Hanson »

Am looking for some help. I currently work but my hours are so sporadic that I can't budget anymore and my apartment rent has tripled - up almost 300%.  I live in an apartment and love the safe and security of the place but the rent has increased to 700 +   I really need help until I can get a more stable income coming in. I don't go out only work and stay at home. I struggle to buy groceries since I only receive $47 in food stamps. I've worked all my life and hate that I am struggling so much to pay my bills. I hope that you can help me. Thank you in advance for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

A tripling in rent does not seem legal. What does your lease state? Read it. Or you may need to move. In the meantime, find a free lawyer near you for advice.
Tyler Hanson wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:48 am Am looking for some help. I currently work but my hours are so sporadic that I can't budget anymore and my apartment rent has tripled - up almost 300%.