Behind on rent due to death

Find how to get help with rent
AIGDirect
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Behind on rent due to death

Post by AIGDirect »

Hi, I am writing in behalf of my brother. He is 2 months behind in the rent due to a death in the family in July. Him and our stepfather paid the bills together and in July, our stepfather passed away, so my brother is not able to get caught back up on the rent.
The rent is $800.00 a month. He works allot but he is barely making the other bills. Can you please help him with something? Anything will be very appreciated. Sincerely yours,
Cory

Re: Behind on rent due to death

Post by Cory »

I have been without electricity for a month and I have a 7 year old son. Also I work and I still can't make ends meet. I'm pregnant which doesn't make anything better. My boyfriend and father of unborn child just died too. I have to move from where I live if I can't pay rent on the first. I have nowhere to turn. I never have had to ask for help for the rent or to help now that the dad has died. Where do I turn and where do we go?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are so sorry to hear that about the unborn kid dying and that death. Maybe some charities due offer short term rent help for you while you and your boyfriend deal with that. But any housing programs will not last indefinitely...as time goes on you need to get back on track. You can find resources here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
Make sure you bring up the death, and have proof of it as hard/cold as that may sound. As agencies that offer rent help will want to see that.

Cory wrote:I have been without electricity for a month and I have a 7 year old son. Also I work and I still can't make ends meet. I'm pregnant which doesn't make anything better. My boyfriend and father of unborn child just died too. I have to move from where I live if I can't pay rent on the first. I have nowhere to turn. I never have had to ask for help for the rent or to help now that the dad has died. Where do I turn and where do we go?
Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith »

I need help paying my rent. I am a month behind and on the 3rd will be 2 months. My husband isn't working a lot of hours and we can't afford to pay our bills, especially since his dad died. We have 4 children 8, 6, 3, and 7 months. We do not have any government assistance. They say we make too much but we don't make enough to live.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe you can try again to pay for government assistance. Also, be sure you communicate that income. Some programs have different income criteria than others.

Mr_Smith wrote:We do not have any government assistance. They say we make too much but we don't make enough to live.