Qualify for a voucher when leaving transitional housing

Find how to get help with rent
SandyMacd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Qualify for a voucher when leaving transitional housing

Post by SandyMacd »

I am a senior female (63) looking to move from my current location because it is a transitional housing facility.
I am disabled and collect Social Security alone. Therefore, my means are limited.
Can I qualify for a 202 voucher; if so where can I use it (How do I locate those housing units accepting 202 vouchers)
Do all housing units accept the vouchers?
Usually there is a wait list for housing.....do you also need to get on the individual housing units wait list?
Is there any way to expedite getting a voucher.....
Thank you ...for your reply.
Arey Gol
anti spam: Blue

Re: Qualify for a voucher when leaving transitional housing

Post by Arey Gol »

Rent voucher or help with rent. I am disabled and applied for help with housing so many years ago and nothing! I found an affordable handicap home to rent for not too expensive but my 2 adult children who helped me afford had to up and go on their own. I lied and told them I'd be ok, but I'm not. I cannot afford rent and have no where I can go.
My oldest daughter travels for work and my youngest daughter is a United States Marine, and just recently deployed. I don't know why I keep and kept getting passed over for housing or help when I work from age 9 up until I had 30 operations in my 40's and physically can't anymore. I am in bad shape and would like to keep the only stable environment home that's fairly reasonable but can no longer afford on my monthly disability check and pay all bills.
I was on housing list years ago but still waiting. While I know of a girl that got put up free in a hotels for months and nod her apartment paid while her and boyfriend scamming system. Both able to work, go out drinking day and night and eat and send lobsters to one of her kids in Arizona and brags on facebook. Her only disability is drinking and having kids and she gets every freebie to support this. I just need rent help and I worked hard all my life and been severely disabled and keep getting forgotten. Please...I beg of you....can I get monthly voucher for rent??? Or help? I would thank you so very much. Respectfully,
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

I'm a single mother of 2 kids and currently pregnant with my 3rd child. I'm searching for a place in Arizona for my kids and myself that I can afford and get the support that I need to raise them and get back on my feet please. We are leaving transitional housing at the local church.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The section 8 voucher lists often have multiple year waits in place. Just leaving transitional housing does not give you any special priority. Nor does have kids. In fact, why are you having a third child if you can't afford the rent and housing already? You are making the situation much worse. Anyway, ask the church for a referral. Maybe they can get you the location of an office to apply for section 8 housing in Arizona.