Survivor benefits ended earlier than we thought

Find how to get help with rent
Person
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Survivor benefits ended earlier than we thought

Post by Person »

I have been receiving survivor benefits for my son for past 8 years and he gradated high school this month and turned 18. We were expecting to receive one last check, but it didn't come. We must have misunderstood. That's how we have been paying rent and I don't know what to do.
We don't have a car or anywhere to go. We are facing eviction and homelessness come August 5th and we have no options. Please help us, we have no where to go and I am sick from worrying... If there’s anyone or anything to keep us from becoming homeless, I am begging, please reply. We are scared to death.
Bellion

Re: Survivor benefits ended earlier than we thought

Post by Bellion »

Hi, I have 3 sons. They are 10, 13 and 14. I am a widow. I get help with his survivor benefits but I am struggling and worrying about what to do. I am starting to think that the company I am buying from is a scam and it’s truly taking up all of my thoughts because I just don't know what to do. I am in Middleburg FL. Please call me and send me in the right direction. Thank you and God bless!
The Big Easy

Post by The Big Easy »

Hello,
My name is Crystal and I am in dire need of help with my rent. I lost my husband almost 10 years ago and have been a single mom raising my 2 kids on my own on survivor benefits, which ended earlier than we thought. Worked jobs in between but mainly supported my kids on our survivor benefits. My oldest just graduated high school and my youngest just turned 16 and I thought I would receive 1 more check for the month of July for myself and my daughters but as I found out about 10 days ago that was wrong I received my last check in June. So, I immediately called section 8 and tried to figure out how we can make it. By selling stuff in my house I have covered a lot of my bills such as our phones, our internet, with my daughters check I can cover my car and insurance.
I know neighborhood house can help me with my electric from these survivor benefits. I have 1 place willing to give me $300 for my rent after the other $410 is paid and I have an appointment to get help with that remaining balance on July 16. I have done my final interview for a job that I would be working from home for enterprise car rental. My issue is I have to wait 3-5 days to find out and even if I do get that job I am going to be in the same situation for the month of August. Because the training class starts Monday 8/5 and my first check would be received about the end of the month on 8/23.
My rent is my only issue I can find ways to cover everything else but my rent is the most expensive one and the one I can’t. Is there any way you can help me for the month of August due to the sudden lost of my survivor benefits? My rent is $710 per month.
I only keep my internet because that’s the only way I can get the job. I have spoken to my kids about if we lost our home that we could either live in a shelter you till we can get back on our feet or live in my car. I really don’t like either of these options but have tried to explain to my kids what we are facing. We have lived in our place for almost 3 years got stuck because if I moved early he would come after me for breaking my lease even though I did explain what I knew was coming just came sooner than I thought. So, I wasn’t able to move and find a cheaper place. In all honesty for the size and rooms my house is cheaper than anything around. So, if there is any help you can give please help me with my rent. That is my most important bill I can’t cover unless I sell everything in my house including my furniture. Thank you and God Bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why did your survivor benefits end earlier than thought? As it is a fixed regulation/date. The social security administration does not just "end them". Regardless, look into programs since you are in dire need. Find rent help in Brevard County FL.
The Big Easy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:21 am Hello,
My name is Crystal and I am in dire need of help with my rent. I lost my husband almost 10 years ago and have been a single mom raising my 2 kids on my own on survivor benefits, which ended earlier than we thought.