I feel I am entitled to a hotel voucher

Find how to get help with rent
Harabugh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I feel I am entitled to a hotel voucher

Post by Harabugh »

There are some counties in Indiana that don't have like free gas vouchers nor hotel vouchers for the homeless. A lot of other states do have that for the homeless. My family and I have went through hell to put it nicely and are homeless.
One local church started to help us until we had a hotel staff employee stop it and we had problems with this same hotel last year. Now we can't even get one single room there. I reported her and the manager both they left my debit card last year in a negative balance and they had roaches and I complained about it and now we are getting treated pretty unfairly here.
Indiana is not the cheapest or best state to live in either. But we need a home. We do have bad credit and we have no money right now to get one. They won't even work with us toward any kind of payment to stay in the hotel. I was going to work for them in exchange for a room, but they wouldn't even allow it.

It's ridiculous. No wonder they have been ratings and there not good ones either. They want outrageous prices and with no pool at that hotel. They have extended stay hotels in town but outrageous for the costs. It's Hendricks County city of Plainfield. They are not so nice here either. They are snobby, but it is my home town. Sorry to say but we need an answer today. Not tomorrow but today on a place where someone will help us out. My husband doesn't get paid until next Thursday and I don't until the 1st. I am calling the Indiana Protection Advocate office on this situation. Someone is getting in trouble when I get done this has went on long enough and yes I have a disability.
TimothyMcConnel

Re: I feel I am entitled to a hotel voucher

Post by TimothyMcConnel »

I am homeless in West contra Costa County. In need of hotel voucher because it’s cold. I haven't showered in over a month and need some decent sleep at this point. I have tried to go to shelters but their either full, someone else got my spot, and when I am able to stay at them, I don't get a chance to shower, or get to use any of their other services certain shelters offer. So since shelters are full, I feel entitled to a voucher to pay for a hotel.
I can't sleep well at shelters either as some of the people there suffer from drug addiction and mental health problems or prove to be the ifs or are just loud. I am also asking for a tent. It doesn't even have to be new, it could have holes in it just as long as I can patch it back up.
I currently receive food stamps, I am actively looking for employment. I have been since I became homeless in September 2014 With no luck. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Momsscolar

Re: I feel I am entitled to a hotel voucher

Post by Momsscolar »

Hello, I recently lost an eviction case, and was kicked out of my apartment. I have found a new house but unfortunately the house is not available until August 7th. I need help with hotel vouchers which the court said I am entitled too.
I am currently staying in a safe family oriented hotel but it’s a little expensive and I have wasted my savings. Today Sunday will be the last day I can afford and tomorrow I will be kicked out at 11am. My priority is my children's best interest and mental health this is why I have not informed them of the situation we are in.
Please if there's anything you could do for my family please. Email me thank you.