Income too high for security deposit programs in Missouri

Find how to get help with rent
Amal
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Income too high for security deposit programs in Missouri

Post by Amal »

Hello, I recently relocated to the St. Louis area, I’m supposed to start grad school in January. I am a single mother making 28,000 annually so I don’t qualify for any government assistance, however with all my bills and other expenses I have to pay, I don’t make enough to pay the security deposit to afford a apartment for my son and I.
I am currently staying with my friend and her dad. I am very grateful to have somewhere to stay but this environments not conducive for my son. I’m looking for any housing assistance or rent assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Income too high for security deposit programs in Missour

Post by Admin »

Sine you may be homeless without help for your security deposit, try one of the homeless prevention programs in Missouri. there are several that offer support. Since you do have an income (and 28K is a good start) then that may also help in your application process. Maybe the Missouri agencies can also direct you to child care or other government grant programs, in addition to the deposit you need. But find the details here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ion_a.html
Hyuandai

Re: Income too high for security deposit programs in Missouri

Post by Hyuandai »

I am a 19 year old female. I have a 9 month old daughter and a boyfriend. Me and my boyfriend live separate and would like to move in together for our daughter we have a very good relationship and he just started a great job at MASTEC in Kansas City Missouri but we don't have the funds to move. He stays with his mom and she recently got an eviction letter. We are only looking for about $500 for a security deposit just to hold it until he can get the first month’s rent and I am also seeking work myself.