Resources in Harlem

Find how to get help with rent
Coco
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources in Harlem

Post by Coco »

I am a single mom of 3. I work full time but live off of my income alone. I have a son with Autism who I applied for disability for but still have not heard back yet. I receive no child support, no food stamps, no other state assistance other than the medical card. My net income is about $1400 and my rent for a 2 bedroom townhouse is $700/month.
I live in New York City and that is one of the cheapest places I could find for us 4 to live in. My son receives so much help from the Harlem School District's special education team that I cannot move away from this area. But I'm in desperate need of help paying rent!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resources in Harlem

Post by Admin »

There is one specific agency that focuses on the Harlem area and may offer money for rent. Also, if your kid is disabled with autism this may give them some priority as well.
We are, paying $1400 is on the low side in the NYC city area, so great of you to try that for your 3 kids. But for advice and possible housing needs, try this non-profit. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... based.html
Coco wrote: My son receives so much help from the Harlem School District's special education team that I cannot move away from this area. But I'm in desperate need of help paying rent!
Mike and Mike

Re: Resources in Harlem

Post by Mike and Mike »

I need one month of rent paid in Harlem. You see I am a full time worker. My husband just moved out but before he did he spent alot of money and I had to take my kid to a hotel because dad was being mean. Needless to say with the hotel money spent and dad blowing cash, it has left my girls and I with nothing.