Negotiations with my landlord

Find how to get help with rent
Candy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Negotiations with my landlord

Post by Candy »

I live in Daly City, CA. I’m in need of help desperately to help in paying my rent. I’m currently behind a month and most likely for June. I’ve recently got hired a week and a half ago. I get paid this coming Friday but it won't be a full check.
I’m working part time and I’m waiting for a response from 2 other jobs I applied at. I'll have to try to talk and negotiate with my landlord about the situation, she wants both months rent due tomorrow at the sometime. I’m not able to pay all of it yet I need more time. An old friend of mine suggested I give these programs a try and ask for help. Please get back to me as soon as possible please. Thank you,
Coleman

Re: Negotiations with my landlord

Post by Coleman »

I am 61 years old and when I found this townhouse, I had someone who was supposed to live here with me but I guess he thought differently. Needless to say, it has put me in a really bad financial situation. I am somewhat staying afloat for other living expenses, except the rent. I have not received an eviction as of yet, but I did receive a letter wanting me to pay the back rent of 1950.00.
My ex-husband was veteran and we married 23 years and has since deceased. I have tried various organizations to find money to pay my landlord, but not much luck as of yet. The Salvation Army told me to call back Monday, because there is a possibility I could qualify for the TVC grant. I just joined Baptist Church and also have a call out to them as well. Thanks!
Chris Klein

Post by Chris Klein »

I was wanting to see if there was any way my family can get help with my landlord and negotiating with them. We have been homeless since July 2020. My family was evicted from our apartment due to rent and our financial stability was hit hard due to covid. We have 3 children 10, 8 and 5 year old.
We have been staying on hotels since July. My husband and I have not been able to save any money to get a rental home due to having to pay money every single night to stay at a hotel to keep a roof over there heads.
We have to spend money every day on food at least 2 meals a day and with the fridge being so small and nothing but a microwave to prepare food we are limited on what we can actually store and fix for them. We need this negotiation to be done with the landlord. It's has been very hard and extremely stressful especially when because of our situation we live paycheck to paycheck, and there are days when check will not be deposited until the next day and we are spending several hours trying to come up with money to keep a roof over our kids heads. Doing this for 6 months is just sad and hard to keep a positive mind frame. My kids deserve so much more, so very much more and we badly need a hand up to get into a home. Can you please negotiate with a landlord?
Don't know where to turn to get the help we need because 99% of the time the places you turn to for help can't help in the way we need help or just plane won't because of people who have abused and lied and misuse the funds. So it's almost as they think your losing or just not trying and want a hand out. I do not want a hand out by any means I just want a hand up and to get my babies back into a place they can call home. I need help to give them what they deserve! Because they are amazing and honestly what has kept my husband and I going. They have been so strong and excepting of this situation and understanding to the best of there ability. If you all can not help my family then I hope you can possibly steer me in the direction of anyone who can. Thank you for your time and consideration I hope you have a merry Christmas.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you looked into free legal aid or pro-bono firms? Many can help with housing needs, and maybe landlord negotiations. It may be worth a try. Most states have some form of free legal, and find details here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... dvice.html

Chris Klein wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:20 am I was wanting to see if there was any way my family can get help with my landlord and negotiating with them. We have been homeless since July 2020. My family was evicted from our apartment due to rent and our financial stability was hit hard due to covid. We have 3 children 10, 8 and 5 year old.
We have been staying on hotels since July. My husband and I have not been able to save any money to get a rental home due to having to pay money every single night to stay at a hotel to keep a roof over there heads.