Find how to get help with rent
BeginAgain
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The Louisiana agencies have not been kind to me

Post by BeginAgain »

Good morning,
I am asking for help with paying my rent. I have never done this before but have really fallen on hard times. I live in Baton Rouge, Loisiana. I call the number that was given and the people that answer the phone are just down right rude. I am already down and then you have people that are judging you because you need help. I've called and the disrespect is unreal.
I'm 30 years old divorced and raising a child on my own on a very small income. I've never had to beg for help and I thought that this being a Christian organization I would receive better than I have. If me and my kid and I are homeless I know God has a better plan but to know that there are people that are evil towards others at there time of need is absurd. I'm not a drug user or alcoholic or any of those things. People stereotype people that ask for help. I'm a hardworking citizen that has fallen on hard times and thought that a Christian organization would help. I pray that God takes over and does better with this system or assistance because it's saddening.
Edelman

Re: The Louisiana agencies have not been kind to me

Post by Edelman »

It’s a long story but I'm in need of rent assistance in New Orleans. I haven't received an eviction notice but I'm behind in my rent and I know it's coming because I can't afford to get caught up.
I live in low income housing and I'm behind on my rent of $2500. I have been living in housing for over 12 years and I have never struggled this bad on paying my rent, all I need is to get this paid and I will be back on point on paying my rent.
I need a second chance. I can't keep the rent paid because I'm so behind, I have a job but I can only pay so much.
I have rent, gas, electric, and a car note but I need my car so I can make it to work. I don't know we're else to turn so if I could get the help on paying the $2500 I will be back on track so please consider helping me.
I have my two daughters that are still in school, one is 18 that's about to start college and the other is 15 she's a sophomore. I just want to make sure they have a home to go to school from so please help me, Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Louisiana agencies have not been kind to me

Post by Admin »

Being behind $2500 is a lot of money, especially if you live in low income housing. How many months of rent is that? There are places that offer emergency rent assistance in New Orleans, but we doubt anyone can get $2500 or anything close to it. Sounds like you have a great landlord if that far behind.
Edelman wrote:It’s a long story but I'm in need of rent assistance in New Orleans. I haven't received an eviction notice but I'm behind in my rent and I know it's coming because I can't afford to get caught up.
I live in low income housing and I'm behind on my rent of $2500.