Moving using our section 8 voucher

Find how to get help with rent
Lilly
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Moving using our section 8 voucher

Post by Lilly »

Good morning, I live in Oakland county California, and need to relocate to a home without stairs/steps. I have a section 8 voucher, yet when I call the co-ops/condo/etc. to see about moving, they do not accept it.
My husband and I are both on disability and seniors. We have tried to HOMEOWNERSHIP program, but was told we had to pay off our credit cards and have 1500 in the bank, something we cannot do on our income. Are there any programs that could help us? With my medical condition, it is almost impossible to walk up the steps that lead into my town home, or the basement/upstairs. Thank you.
Almost fell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Moving using our section 8 voucher to Ithaca NY

Post by Almost fell »

To whom it may concern,
I hope this email finds you well. I have been paying close attention to this website for quite some time, I have gained so much knowledge. Thank you!! I am a single parent of 3 children, it is very difficult for me to make ends meet. I am self-employed. I am living in the Bronx, New York and applied to section 8 in Ithaca, New York. I am on the waitlist to move to Ithaca soon. I am struggling to pay rent and rent arrears. I am afraid the landlord will take me to court for the unpaid rent. Once again thank you very much. I would love to hear from you soon.