Court has summoned me for an eviction

Find how to get help with rent
Pullo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Court has summoned me for an eviction

Post by Pullo »

I live in Sandusky, Michigan. I live in an apartment under subsidized housing. I'm currently facing an eviction. I've been summoned for the court. I applied for help at the local DHS and I was denied. I have my letter of denial. If I do not have the past due amount paid then I have to appear in court on March 18, 2015.
The amount I am behind that they're demanding be paid in full is $376.00. I have all of the necessary paperwork needed for proof. Please help me. I fell behind on my bills because of major car troubles these past few months. I am a single mom struggling on less than 24 hours a week at my job. I am at my lowest point and right now I'm praying for a miracle. I hope you consider my request. Thank you so much for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Court has summoned me for an eviction

Post by Admin »

If you have a formal eviction notice from the court, then some agencies may be able to help. They usually want to see that original letter, and require proof of income, residency, and your financial status. While it may be too late, there are some non-profits and charities to try. Find our main listing of eviction assistance programs by state.
Trina

Post by Trina »

Hello, my name is Amanda. My husband and 3 kids are in desperate need of help. We have court summons today for being evicted out of our home and we have nowhere else to go. We are going to try and buy some time hopefully today in court but the rental office will no longer work with us. My husband has been out of work for a couple months with no luck finding anything. I have been out of work since March and have a couple job interviews lined up but it’s kind of too late because court is today as we were summoned for the eviction. Our water is about to get cut off because we cannot afford to pay it along with HRSD and our gas. If you can help or have any information on where we can go to apply for help please let us know. We have called around to every church and nonprofit that we can find and they do not have the fund available. Please feel free to call me to deal with this eviction court summons.
Thank You for Your time,
Amanda
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need to go to court in your local municipality, then try an eviction defense lawyer. If your income is low enough the advice may be free. Read more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... for_t.html
They often are a great resource for local laws, rules, and regulations.