Subsidized housing and funds needed to pay for it

Find how to get help with rent
Menendez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Subsidized housing and funds needed to pay for it

Post by Menendez »

Behind 4 months in rent. Worked in the field of Education. Politics and budget cuts have affected my ability to make a living, I am 59 years young so I just enrolled in college after a 40 year gap. But I don't want to be homeless.
I am focused on going to school because I know it will enable me to work in the field of education and perhaps not be a victim of the politics connected with it in the City of Chicago. Also FAMILY EDUCATION is really needed. I am also looking at new sites being built that have to offer some units for subsidized income. Can you assist me, I would be ever so grateful and appreciative, IF not THANKS for the hope and venting. :-)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Subsidized housing and funds needed to pay for it

Post by Admin »

If you are 59 years "young", that is close to senior age. While you may not qualify for subsidized senior housing, you are close. Or maybe they have referrals. And maybe help you get a job in education since you seem very experienced.
Menendez wrote: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:40 am Behind 4 months in rent. Worked in the field of Education. Politics and budget cuts have affected my ability to make a living, I am 59 years young so I just enrolled in college after a 40 year gap. But I don't want to be homeless.
I am focused on going to school because I know it will enable me to work in the field of education and perhaps not be a victim of the politics connected with it in the City of Chicago. Also FAMILY EDUCATION is really needed. I am also looking at new sites being built that have to offer some units for subsidized income. Can you assist me, I would be ever so grateful and appreciative, IF not THANKS for the hope and venting. :-)
Giants

Post by Giants »

Looking for rent assistance or low-income subsidized housing for me and my 3 children. I'm a working mother but still cannot afford a 2 bedroom apartment on my own while supporting my kids by myself. I currently have a place but it's not what I would call livable or safe for my children. It's 3 bedroom but one room in the apartment HD moldy during winter months. And my kid’s asthma flare when mold is in the place. The outlets and heaters are a major electrical fire just waiting to happen because they spark when plugging something in and the Heaters switch for turning on and off is hanging off the Heater for and sparks a big fire when trying to fix it. There is cockroaches covering everything at night so I have to store all of the food and drink stuff in the fridge and constantly rewash everything before using. And the last couple weeks we have been having an issue with rats in our apartment and there is at least two roaming the apartment through the day and don't care that we are in the apartment they will continue to chew on stuff while we're making noise and trying to kill them. It scary, nasty, and unsafe but when looking for a new subsidized housing place my income from working full time cannot make the amount I need for a 2 bedroom. Please help me and my kids.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Better yet, since it seems you live under poverty levels, maybe try a rent free apartment near you.
The HUD housing agencies operate them. They may give you time to settle in, save money, and allow you and your 3 kids a roof over their heads.
Giants wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:46 am Looking for rent assistance or low-income subsidized housing for me and my 3 children. I'm a working mother but still cannot afford a 2 bedroom apartment on my own while supporting my kids by myself. \