Find how to get help with rent
Turadom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I have HIV and am struggling

Post by Turadom »

To whom it may concern,
I would like to receive information on rental assistance, I am HIV+ and was recently removed from section 8. I was sent a letter stating the rent assistance would stop on 5/31/15, but it actually stopped on 4/30/15, and I paid my portion but now I don’t have the $665 more for this month. Please have someone give me a call or references to a program where I can get assistance.
ad90ma

Re: I have HIV and am struggling

Post by ad90ma »

My unemployment claim form got lost somehow thru the mail so I been without benefits for about 3 weeks. I been calling at least every day to get help to file online or such but add really couldn't do much been waiting for claim form in mail. It still hasn't showed up.
I'm under a lot of stress, I’m currently a HIV patient almost 3 years now or two. I really can't be stressed out, I had shingles also related to stress issue I need help don't want to lose my apartment. My two dogs depend on me and I for them if there's any way you can help please let me know. I went through this company called Allen associates in Costa Mesa CA.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try the HOPWA program in Arizona. This is also a nationwide program. It helps those with HIV and/or AIDs. they can not only gt a place to live, but also supportive medical care, etc. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Turadom wrote:To whom it may concern,
I would like to receive information on rental assistance, I am HIV+ and was recently removed from section 8. I was sent a letter stating the rent assistance would stop on 5/31/15, but it actually stopped on 4/30/15, and I paid my portion but now I don’t have the $665 more for this month. Please have someone give me a call or references to a program where I can get assistance.
Kramer

Post by Kramer »

I am living with a friend with HIV but I have to leave this month because I have no money to pay. I have 2 kids and I am enrolled in school full time. We are going to be homeless and I am requesting assistance in finding a place to live. I am seeking employment and involved in coop thru Wilson Tech. I live in Pine Level. I want to know if I qualify for the 90 day program.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I am in need for immediate relocation from where I reside currently due to serious health issues as per medical provider. I am a HIV+  and a HRA HASA client who has done nothing at all to assist me on these needs (CASEWORKER is at the greenwood center in Brooklyn NY). the other issue is where I reside there is a HIV living  buildings but has been denied by administration for services for the Underserved. Meanwhile I have been released from prison 2014 and am still caught in this system. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Jane Mary

Post by Jane Mary »

I am employed but am homeless. I am also HIV+ but am able to work. I have a very low credit score and am surviving paycheck to paycheck. I have only been in the situation for about a month. I have been staying in various motels but it can be expensive and leaves little money to arrange for a security deposit or rent help. I am looking for assistance for a rent deposit. I have applied for various loans but my credit score is too low (524) in order to get one. I am at my wits end and I am very scared. Can you please help me?
JOlsen

Post by JOlsen »

To whom it may concern,
Wishing you much Peace, Joy and Happiness!
I am reaching out for your support and guidance. I am a 35 year old male with HIV that is struggling. I am living alone in a one bedroom apartment on a month to month lease. Just like many of us, I am struggling to survive and make ends meet. I am currently employed with Optum, under UnitedHealth Group as a Supervisor. I am HIV Positive, and I am also a heart patient living with an enlarged heart (H.C.M. - Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy).
I am also living and suffering from Lower Back Pain, in which my back does not allow me to sit down, causing me to stand a lot more than normal and the nerve pain runs down my right leg, making it more difficult to stand or walk. I suffer from stomach problems as well, not being able to control my gas and going to the bathroom on a consistent basis. As an HIV patient who is struggling, I also suffer from uncontrollable smells coming from my body, through my skin and my pores, that there is no fix for. I am seeking medical attention, but I am also going to seek Mental attention from a Mental Health Therapist soon. My back hurts so bad, to where it won't allow me to sit no longer than 20 minutes at times. I have to sometimes rush and get out of my car when stopping at Red Lights, just to stand and stretch to get out of pain for that current moment. I am going to Physical Therapy, trying to avoid surgery and screws being placed into my spine. Its hard for me to work at home, as I have to toggle between Standing, working on my knees and sitting for short periods of times. I have to sometimes try and work while laying down. It's also hard for me to eat more healthy foods that I can't afford to buy or purchase.
Due to my uncontrollable hygiene, it's as if people don't care to be around me, and part time jobs won't hire me. They can't and won't say it, but I know that's the reason why.
My credit score is low due to me trying to keep up with my Car Payment, Working on an old Credit Card balance, Medical Bills and working to get Student Loans off of my record. My wages is currently being Garnished by the State of North Carolina due to taxes. I have applied for extra help, but I get denied so quickly due to my Salary being over 50,000. People don't care about what I go through and how I struggle, they will look at my Salary and deny me from Income Based apartments and I often get denied quickly, upon trying to get Financial assistance. It's difficult for me to find a part time job with my back issues and my hygiene. They can't and won't tell me that, but I know that's why they won't hire me. I smell too bad for them to bring me into their working environment.
I go through so much Mental depression and have been through some suicidal thoughts as well. It's as if there is no help for me, due to my current Wages or tax bracket. But I can't even afford to feed myself at times as as struggling unemployed HIV person. I can't sit down, and that now prevents me from driving ride share like I use to. I stand so much, my feet hurts sooooo bad now. I have been facing back issues for over 3 years and it got worse when I had a back spasm back in April of this year. I have lost so much weight over the past 5 years from being Positive, and people look at me so weird now. Between me smelling bad, getting smaller and not being able to walk correctly or sit down. This is a lot! I need help! But people don't care, all they look at, is my yearly Salary, and I am immediately denied extra help. This is a hard life for me to live, and to try to be happy.
I am currently on a month to month lease. Trying to find another apartment, but its not an easy process. I'm struggling trying to come up with a down payment for a new apartment, pay my current month to month rent, car note, Internet bill, Duke Power Bill, Food to eat, Car Insurance and my wages are being Garnished. Life is too much, but I am trying my best.
I am hoping and reaching out to see if there is any help that your organization can provide? I hope and pray that this message will fall into the right hands