Find how to get help with rent
Ramsey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Money for rent so I can leave my addict husband

Post by Ramsey »

Hello,
I am looking for programs that can assist my cousin with assistance with housing and any other forms of help. I will give you a little bit of background as to why I am looking for help. My cousin is 30 years old and has 3 children of her own, and they are all little girls. She is currently married and her husband is the sole provider of their house hold and is a bad drug addict, meth. And in the past they have lost their house due to his addiction and in the past he has cleaned up to get employment and a house but now he is on that same old path.
Things have turned for the worse for members of our family as she is now taking care of her older brothers 3 kids due to his drug addiction and she has no means of leaving her husband. This is because as he has stated prior he is the reason they have a roof over their head, she is at a lost as what to do. She wants to leave and wish she didn't need him financially but as of right now she has 6 kids to take care of and no means of her own. If there is any information out there that I can help her with I would so greatly appreciate it.
Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Money for rent so I can leave my addict husband

Post by Admin »

Usually the best place to try if someone has an addiction is a transitional housing program. Even if the husband is the one with the issue, the agencies that provide these services will still usually take care of the wife and the kids if they need a place to stay. There are several in St. Louis as well.
Your sister may not be able to take advantage of the older brother though. she needs to focus on herself and her children. The housing may also not allow all those people to stay there, but locate the transitional housing available in St. Louis.
Bamafan

Re: Money for rent so I can leave my addict husband

Post by Bamafan »

I would like to get help if possible. My son of 3 years old, my spouse and I are being evicted from the apartment we are staying at and don't have enough money to find a new place on our own. We are behind a couple months’ worth of rent and my husband, who is an addict, did not pay anything for the housing. I finally got a stable job and we need temporary assistance. My spouse and I both work but have faced time cuts at work. Any help would be appreciated thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day.