SSI disability lowered so now struggling with rent

Find how to get help with rent
Bedford
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

SSI disability lowered so now struggling with rent

Post by Bedford »

I am currently on the verge of eviction. I am a month behind on my rent and I can't pay it. I currently live in a 3 bedroom apartment with my two children, my elderly mom and my little brother who is going through the SSI process. I am physically disabled myself and I am on SSI. They just lowered my SSI to 697.00. I am dealing with local aid to get help with food and cash. And have a court date for Child Support. My rent is 775.00.
I am sure I can pay this months once my child support comes through, but I am still a month behind and my landlord is not working with me. I need help before I lose the roof over all our heads. I have been on the HUD waiting list for over 5 years now. I am hoping I can get some help there to either have this apartment qualify and start getting help, or to get into a new place. I need help, I have tried loans, I have tried other family members, I have tried friends and I don't know what else to do. Please help me before I am evicted. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: SSI disability lowered so now struggling with rent

Post by Admin »

Usually disability will not pay that much money, so if your rent is that high you may need to eventually look for new housing. Also, look into a court filing for the disability. Technically your landlord doesn't need to work with you to give you more time, unless your lease calls for that. But there are some rent programs focused on the disabled, and you can find those here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Needhelpwithmybills

Re: SSI disability lowered so now struggling with rent

Post by Needhelpwithmybills »

Facing possible eviction on March 2, 2019 if both March and January rent aren't paid by that date. This comes after being unemployed for almost 5 months. I start a new position on May 13, 2019 as I was on SSI disability, but the first paycheck will not be enough to cover both months. I need some money for food for a family of 3 (additional child due in December) and important bills. If not a grant, a loan would suffice to help us get past this potential crisis until my SSI kicks in as well as job.