Need Help With Rent In Los Angeles Area

Find how to get help with rent
joey08
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Help With Rent In Los Angeles Area

Post by joey08 »

I just moved to the area and cannot find work. I am not going to be able to pay for my rent and don't know what to do or where to go.
helper

Re: Need Help With Rent In Los Angeles Area

Post by helper »

Try this resource for housing / ren assistance in Los Angeles. If that doesn't work, try the organization Beyond Shelter's "Housing First" Program for the LA area.
http://www.hacla.org/
AngelaM
anti spam: Blue

Post by AngelaM »

My job got very slow a few months ago & I got behind in rent a few months. I also lost the job. I have a wife & 3 children & we may be facing eviction. We are worried as I m still looking for work. We live in East Los Angeles. Please help us avoid eviction as we have nowhere to go and are about to be served a notice. Thanks.
Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith »

My husband was the household provider for my family, he has been held now for eight months in the immigration detention center in Los Angeles. I have been doing whatever I can to support my three children and myself since. All I ask is for some help with my rent please!! I am behind on three months. I've went to ask for some help from our cities Human Resources office and Catholic Charities and they said there out of funds. I truly need the help. So if you can please contact me, I will truly appreciate it. Thank you.
Reedy

Post by Reedy »

I am behind on my rent for the month of November. I had medical issues as well as being laid off my job after 8 years of working there in down town Los Angeles. I'm 60 years old with progressive rheumatoid arthritis in both hands and rhynaurds disease in both feet.
I have applied for unemployment, food stamps all available but my rent is due today at 5. I keep telling him I'm working on it. I wrote him a check for $800 to try to buy time the check came back and now he is more upset, so please I need help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is no way you can get rent assistance if it is due at 5pm. You are starting the process way too late. Also sending bad check sure will not help your case. It is destroying your credit, giving the courts more reason to side with the landlord, etc. But hey, you can try to apply to rent help in Los Angeles from charities or government offices. The most they can say is no.
Reedy wrote: wrote him a check for $800 to try to buy time the check came back and now he is more upset, so please I need help.