Homeless and looking for a job

Find how to get help with rent
RandyT
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless and looking for a job

Post by RandyT »

I am homeless. I have left an abusive man in Illinois and need help for my daughter and I to get a place to live. I am presently staying at my ex-husbands house in Chicago. I am hoping for the rapid re-house help I was just reading about. I do have Illinois Medicaid that I just got. I am looking for a job in Logan.
I always work and I will have no problem obtaining a job and way to continue paying my bills. I left everything and just need help with getting into a place and a couple months rent if possible to get things going and working. thank you for your time. I can only stay where I am long enough to obtain housing of some sort for my daughter and I. She is a senior and will be working as well upon graduation.
ceueller

Re: Homeless and looking for a job

Post by ceueller »

My fiancé, me, and two kids are homeless since September. We have been staying at family and friends houses but as of August 1 2014 we have run out of places to stay. We are staying in Suffolk county and can't get any help from social services because we are not married.
The only stable thing iand my children's life's right now is my fiancé and I as a family I won't take that away from them right now they are 5 and 6. We are having a hard time finding someone to rent us a house because our credit isn't good. He is on disability and I am searching for a job and having a very hard time finding one. Please if there is any help you can give us we would greatly appreciate it.
Beactive

Post by Beactive »

I was wondering if you can help me and my two children find a place to live. I am homeless and have been staying from house to house with family. I have a one year old daughter and a two year old son. I am from IL, do not have a job, and I just moved up to Minnesota a week ago.
Meredith

Post by Meredith »

I have 4 kids and we are homeless. I try to get help and try to get in a shelter but can't cause all The beds are fill. I call every day and night and still no.
We are sleeping in my bed. I just need help because I don't want my kids to get taken from me, and I am looking for a job. They are all I have and I'm all they got. I'm a good mother just down on my luck for now and That only reason we're homeless is because I got tired of my mother and father being mean and talking down to my kids. I had to stand up for them. I don't care if they treat me bad but I'm not gone let you treat my kids like that, so now we're homeless.
Lumineers1

Post by Lumineers1 »

I appreciate any information that you can provide that may assist me in avoiding becoming homeless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try some of the various homeless prevention programs. There are many both nationally and locally. Find a list here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nd_ra.html

Lumineers1 wrote:I appreciate any information that you can provide that may assist me in avoiding becoming homeless.
A3124a

Post by A3124a »

I am searching for an organization that is able to help a family member who is currently homeless in Kansas City, Missouri. He is 40 years old and has been on SSDI most of his adult life for his mental health concerns but is now seeking a job, and has recently moved to Missouri and become homeless here. In addition, he does not know where he can go to receive quality mental health services with his Medicare. A waiting list will be a problem, as he is currently living in his vehicle, and badly needs shelter, food, and healthcare. We are religious and open to all sorts of church based programs, the main thing is finding him a safe place. He receives money every month but is unable to afford rent and utilities alone at this time without a job, but has been trying to find part-time work and struggling. If there are ANY suggestions or ideas for my loved one please respond as I am fairly new to this area myself and don't know where to begin. Please do not forward me the list of programs listed on your site, as I already have this information for housing and jobs. I was hoping for a more personalized recommendation, and would appreciate the help so much.
Thanks,