Landlord evicting us due to repairs they won't make

Find how to get help with rent
Swifter1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Landlord evicting us due to repairs they won't make

Post by Swifter1 »

I go to court in a week for eviction because the landlord refuses to fix the furnace. We have lived here since December. The window is still broken and the furnace is done. I need help with a deposit and rent so I can get me kids heat also the pipes are frozen because it is so cold in the bath room. We have another place to move. We just need 750.00 to move into the new place and my husband doesn't get paid for 2 more weeks. I cant be homeless with my 3 kids. Thank you so much. I hope that some one can help us.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Landlord evicting us due to repairs they won't make

Post by Admin »

That is not legal. A landlord can't evict someone for repairs they did not make...provided it is in the lease agreement. Is there information on ensuring the home is safe, livable, etc? If so then that is not right. If you can't afford an attorney, we have information on free legal aid in Arkansas, so maybe they can work with you on this. They can help you fight the landlord, get the furnace fixed, and more.
Swifter1 wrote:I go to court in a week for eviction because the landlord refuses to fix the furnace. We have lived here since December. The window is still broken and the furnace is done. I need help with a deposit and rent so I can get me kids heat also the pipes are frozen because it is so cold in the bath room. We have another place to move. We just need 750.00 to move into the new place and my husband doesn't get paid for 2 more weeks. I cant be homeless with my 3 kids. Thank you so much. I hope that some one can help us.