Form for section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Brady12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Form for section 8

Post by Brady12 »

Please send me a form to sign up for section 8. I am 44 and have 2 sons. One is 18 , other is 16. Social security said they over paid me and are taking my entire income to fix their mistake. My husband is disabled too. We are behind on rent for first time. We have no credit and really need help fast. I am afraid we will end up homeless. I have no family that will help me.
sasolis

Re: Form for section 8

Post by sasolis »

You need to call your local Housing Authority or Dept of Family/Child Service. Section 8 is not provided in every County, call them and ask where you need to go to get the forms or to sign up.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately section 8 may take many months, if not years. So that is not a solution if you are facing homelessness. Try calling local non-profits or government agencies while you apply for a voucher, which is maybe a long term solution. But here is more information on the HUD section 8 vouchers. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... using.html
Malden

Post by Malden »

To Whom It May Concern:
I live in Fitchburg, MA. After 8 1/2 years on a Section 8 waiting list it has come up as of December 3, I gave up on it ever coming through and am not prepared. I do not have anyone that can help me move nor do I have the funds in which to pay someone to help me move. The area that I live in now is not a safe area for me and staying here is detrimental to my mental health. I am on SSDI, therefore this Section 8 with the chance to choose where to live is an opportunity that I will never get again.
I am given 60 days to find a place but with the possibility for a 30 day extension twice. This situation is overwhelming to me and I don't know where to turn. I've tried the United Way, the Winchendon Community Action Center and one other place in Worcester that I don't recall the name of. I am hoping that you can help me or at least provide me with the resources to help myself. By the end of February I can save the initial first month’s rent, and if that is what you could cover than I could use that for moving expenses.
Aintlast

Post by Aintlast »

I need help finding out if there is emergency help for renting an apartment or house for myself and my 2 daughters. On the Section 8 website it says they are not accepting applications and I need help getting a place of our own. We are currently living with my sister and her fiancé' but they are renting from his sister and she has been talking about putting the house up for sale. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, there is not emergency help. But there may still be some resources for you. They can provide referrals to low income apartments, review your lease, and give other support. One of the key ones is the section 8 security deposit assistance, which may give you a few dollars for the moving/deposits expenses. You will need to apply using the correct forms at the PHA.
Aintlast wrote:I need help finding out if there is emergency help for renting an apartment or house for myself and my 2 daughters.