I was robbed of my rent money

Find how to get help with rent
PerryK
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I was robbed of my rent money

Post by PerryK »

I never thought I would find myself asking for help. My husband is a grad student working on his PHD. He recently had his wallet stolen with our rent money inside along with everything else. The police made an arrest but said they had no idea how long it would take to get any of our money back and now they are not returning any of our calls. To have any amount assisted for our rent would help us out tremendously and still be able to eat at the end of the day. Thank you so much for your time.
Maroon

Re: I was robbed of my rent money

Post by Maroon »

My ex-husband was laid off and not able to pay child support. Shortly after, I lost my job, I was robbed and now I am facing eviction. I am currently behind for the month of Augusts rent plus late fees and now September is just a week away. My ex-husband just recently moved and got a job and will be able to start paying child support again, however, not until mid-September.
I started working a temporary job with the local University doing GIS work under a federal grant. The job only lasts a few weeks and will not receive a paycheck for another two weeks. I currently need to pay the rental management company Excel Brokers almost $700 for August and $615 will be due by the first of September. I am actively looking for a permanent job and am just in a desperate bind to pay rent for these two months due to losing my money to this robbery.
I am a single mother of a 7 year old boy who is the light of my life and each night I put him to bed I feel as though I am failing him as a mother with the threat of not having a place to live looming over my head. I am humbly asking for assistance in this hard time in our lives. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and wish you a blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, the authorities should be able to help. Get a police report too. Then bring that to a local charity as you apply for emergency help paying rent today. While they may have their doubts, you need to prove to them you were really robbed. So that polic information is critical to your application.
PerryK wrote:I never thought I would find myself asking for help. My husband is a grad student working on his PHD. He recently had his wallet stolen with our rent money inside along with everything else. The police made an arrest but said they had no idea how long it would take to get any of our money back and now they are not returning any of our calls. To have any amount assisted for our rent would help us out tremendously and still be able to eat at the end of the day. Thank you so much for your time.
MOAB

Post by MOAB »

To whom it may concern,
I live in Oakland CA. I am currently facing a 3-day eviction notice that was posted on my door on 9/20 as my wallet with rent funds was stolen. I have had a streak of bad luck and a rough couple of months. This isn’t who I normally am nor do I intend to keep it going. A couple of months back when this all started I was involved in an accident in which two of my fingers were cut off. The injury cost me my job because I could no longer function in a kitchen as a sous chef as well as I used to. After losing my job I spent a week in the hospital and fell behind 1 month on rent. This month I was going to start to get back on track but I spent another week in the hospital falling two months behind. This week I got together the payment and my wallet and Identity were stolen before I could deposit it. The day after my wallet and rent money was stolen I got my 3-day notice. I don’t want to lose my apartment. I have been here over 5 years and it is all I have left after my wife divorced me earlier this year. Please help me not become homeless.
NINANORTH

Post by NINANORTH »

I have been robbed twice this month of my rent money. I live in Eugene Oregon over by Autzen stadium at Willamette gardens. I live in the apartment as you walk through the door. My apartment was broken into twice in August - the last one being august 31st the day before rent was due. I then that day applied for a loan through cash net for 1000 dollars and was approved, but was told I had to wait till I could pay 145 for the first month payment so I did that, then they told me I needed to pay 175 for the transfer fee.
Then they told me I need to pay them 215 for the IRS. Then they say I need to pay them 299 for something else. When they asked me for 299 and promised after that my money would be in but it still isn’t. I got scammed. I am 22, I live with children 2 and 5 years of age. I am looking towards eviction. I just got a 3 day notice on my door, I thought I was getting a loan so I didn’t think I would be late. I got paid on Tuesday of 315 and I used that to help cover the 145 and 175. I borrowed the other money from friends and my boss helped me out and now I have to tell everyone I got scammed out there money. But I need rent assistance it's 810 for this month. If you could give me a loan. I will make monthly payments and pay you back I am struggling. I am normally on time. I work full time it's just with my house getting broken into it has made his month hard. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You were robbed twice? Really? Seems hard to believe. But there are emergency rent assistance programs in Eugene.
you can try them for help. But you need to have a job and probably proof of being robbed, which should not be hard to get.
NINANORTH wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:18 pm I have been robbed twice this month of my rent money. I live in Eugene Oregon over by Autzen stadium at Willamette gardens. I live in the apartment as you walk through the door. My apartment was broken into twice in August - the last one being august 31st the day before rent was due.