Moving from a transitional housing as the rent went up

Find how to get help with rent
JohnChandler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Moving from a transitional housing as the rent went up

Post by JohnChandler »

To whom it may concern:
My family and I have been living in a two bedroom transitional housing apartment for almost four years now, off of one income until I finish my Physical Therapy Assistant degree. Just this month we received a new bill for garbage, water and sewer, which was previously paid for by the complex. This bill totaled $72.55. I just don't how we are going to pay the entire bill every month, and we may need another housing unit until we transition into a more affordable place. I called the company that sent the bill and asked about a discount program and the call center technician suggested searching churches. I found this email on the Bayside church website. Please let me know what can be done. Thank you,
Zach
anti spam: Blue

Re: Moving from a transitional housing as the rent went up

Post by Zach »

I'm planning to hopefully move to Florida from my current transitional home but I need assistance paying rent. I get $753.00 a month SSI and widows benefits. I'd like to move ASAP because the winters are very hard for me.
I'm 65 years old. I have a daughter in Pearland but I’d like my own apartment. My address Mankato. Minnesota 56001. Could you please send me an application or put me on your list.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Moving from a transitional housing as the rent went up

Post by Admin »

How much are they asking in rent for the transitional housing? It should be based on your $753 a month income. So maybe a percentage of that. If they did not do that, then search around for other temporary housing or rent assistance programs, as there are a few to try. Use this as well to find resources to pay rent.