Backed up on rent, but now have a job

Find how to get help with rent
Kathy Jean
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Backed up on rent, but now have a job

Post by Kathy Jean »

I am currently employed but still significantly behind in my rent as I was unemployed from 1/12 to 10/13. So the money that I pay for rent is always going to the back months as a new month rolls in and now my landlord has lost patience with my inability to catch up. I have 2 boys ages 1 and 5 and struggle to provide as a single mom. Where can I find assistance as she is threatening me with a quit notice even though I pay her $600 monthly and still have to account for utilities, groceries, clothing, daycare and transportation expenses. Where can I go for assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Backed up on rent, but now have a job

Post by Admin »

Can the landlord threaten you with a pay or quit notice, so in other words, are you behind on your rent? If not, then there are leagl protections for tenants in Stockton California. Also, try some of the government day car programs in the state as they may pay for some of the costs of your 1 year old. Also there are other programs for utilities, rent, housing, and more listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
Sadness

Post by Sadness »

I found this website and I need more info on assistance programs please. I live in the Athens area - am 56 year old single female currently in the process of filing for disability. As of yet have not been approved and I am in need of rental and utility assistance as my payments are backed up.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have more information on assistance in Athens for you. There are programs for rent, utilities, and other bills too. We think you mean Clarke County Georgia as well as Athens? If so, then our resources will help you.

Sadness wrote:I found this website and I need more info on assistance programs please. I live in the Athens area.
Rotatia

Post by Rotatia »

Hi, I am a 39 year old female who is in search of assistance in help paying my rent. I was backed up with back rent but now have one job and am looking for another. I was recently laid off since December. I need assistance with my April and May rent. I applied for disability was denied and now I am on the verge of losing my home. If anyone out there is willing to assist and help me with the backed up rent I am willing to clean, cook, babysit whatever to work off the money that I need assistance with as the job I now have is not enough. Thank you so much in advance