Moving and security deposits in Oregon

Find how to get help with rent
Martinelli
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Moving and security deposits in Oregon

Post by Martinelli »

Hi!
I am 39 years old and live in Portland, Oregon. I also have a daughter who is 9 years old.
Currently we are living in a trailer, that belongs to my parents. This trailer is parked 7 miles out of town at and RV park.
What I am looking for help with is moving into town and the security deposit on the new apartment, so that I can get as job and afford a decent place to live. My car has been broke down since August and I haven't been able to afford to fix it.
Right now I am on state assistance. Between my rent, power, deposits, propane and phone and monthly costs for home products, I can't afford to pay my bills.
If someone could get in touch with me and see if you could possibly help our situation, I would be grateful.
My phone off until 11/16/14. You can reach me by phone after that time. I hope to be hearing from someone soon, thank you.
TweedD

Re: Moving and security deposits in Oregon

Post by TweedD »

Good morning.
I am a single person and I have been in TRAVELER'S AID transitional housing program for about two months in Portland Oregon. I recently left my downtown apartment that had bed bugs and roaches. I left all my furniture and clothing. I am in a new residence on Telegraph and 7 mile west of Telegraph.
I am in need of everything. Money for a security deposit, couches, bed, kitchen tables and clothes. I also had baby items that I had to leave for my 4 month and 9 month old Grandsons. Since fall will be here soon all I have are summer clothes and shoes. I am on disability because of my Crohns in which I was just released out of the hospital a few days ago and am on an IV at home for three weeks unable to work and can vary rarely leave my home for the next three weeks as I get injections at home. Can you please contact me if you are able to assist with the deposit? God bless.
Shapman
anti spam: Blue

Post by Shapman »

I'm in need of help with a security deposit so I and my family can get out of the hotel we're in Portland Oregon. I have a house that I can move into ASAP but need the deposit money. We have the 1st months’ rent but can't come up with the deposit because we still have to pay the hotel so our kids aren't homeless.
Sarisk

Post by Sarisk »

Hi there. I am currently living in Portland Oregon, which is in Clackamas County. I will very briefly describe my situation so that you can hopefully offer me a direction to take.
I am currently a stay-at-home mom with my three girls, but live with my boyfriend, which is their step-dad, for four years now. Our relationship has never been good, and while he has never hit me or physically abused me, I fear that our unhealthy relationship could potentially head for worse times. I need to leave him, for my own personal benefit, but also because our bad relationship is unfortunately effecting our children. But I need the money for a deposit to move.
I am in full-time school with a 4.0 GPA and I do not want to put this on hold. I am working towards becoming a rehabilitation counselor and really need to heighten my education if I want to be financial stable for my children. I unfortunately have nowhere to go when I leave, and if living in a shelter is my only option, I will unfortunately stay in my current situation instead. Are there any temporary assistance programs that would help me financially with a home, pay the security deposit, food and some cash while I finish school? I need to leave this house as soon as possible, but I don't know where to even start. Please reply only by email, so that we can keep this confidential.
bigbendez

Post by bigbendez »

Our landlord is in the process of selling the property we rent from him. We paid a security deposit which include $1300 for last months rent, and an additional $1,500 as a security deposit. Our lease itself expired several years ago but he still holds all of the $2800.00. He has informed us that he is set the closing for Friday the 10th of October. Further, he says that he has given the buyers our deposit. As I understand it, upon sale the owner/landlord is required by Oregon Law to tender all of our deposit plus the last months rent to us.
Kenmac

Post by Kenmac »

My family and I live in Medford, Oregon. We are homeless and are living in a run-down motel to the tune of $950 per month, which is killing us. My husband and I were recently laid off when the company we worked for shut down unexpectedly, my 13 year old daughter was just released yesterday from 8 months in a children's psychiatric hospital after a near-successful suicide attempt. She not only is she depressed, she also has benign Rolandic epilepsy, and ADHD and asthma. If we don't come up with $302 for a depot or rent by 11am today we, along with our pets, will be on the street. Please, any help will be graciously accepted.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, paying $950 for a motel is not worth it. Better to put that money towards something else. With a sick daughter, apply for disability. As far as the first months rent and deposit help in Oregon, we have many programs and agencies listed on our site. Call them.
Kenmac wrote:My family and I live in Medford, Oregon. We are homeless and are living in a run-down motel to the tune of $950 per month, which is killing us. My husband and I were recently laid off when the company we worked for shut down unexpectedly, my 13 year old daughter was just released yesterday from 8 months in a children's psychiatric hospital after a near-successful suicide attempt. She not only is she depressed, she also has benign Rolandic epilepsy, and ADHD and asthma. If we don't come up with $302 for a depot or rent by 11am today we, along with our pets, will be on the street. Please, any help will be graciously accepted.
Elephant

Post by Elephant »

Hello,
I and my boyfriend just moved back to Oregon from Minnesota. We are currently homeless. I fear that our daughter won't be safe and that she'll go hungry or be cold. I'm asking as scared young mother that if there is anything you can do for deposit help. Please help us. My daughter is 10 months old she'll be 11 months on the 17th. My boyfriend used to work for Michael’s Foods in Gaylord, MN but now we are in Oregon.
I was a stay at home mom but I am not afraid to start working.
Thank you for taking the time to read my email.
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

My family and I are homeless here in Medford Oregon and need to move but need security deposit help. We had a house lined up for when we got here and the owner decided to have it rented when we arrived which put us in a motel instead which with 7 people put us in to room at 78.66 a night per room and now its cone to the point of us running beyond very low on money and we mean  only a day of income left for a room. We moved here to start fresh and for our children to be able to experience what life has to offer. We took a big chance moving up here to Oregon which is why we had a house lined up for us because we were all ready homeless in California and in lake county. We don’t have any programs there for homeless people or families to help them pay the security deposit or to move. I’m hoping possibly you guys might be able to help with housing leads, referrals or pretty much any help is greatly appreciated at this point.
Alessia

Post by Alessia »

Me and my girl have been Homeless for 6 months now in Portland Oregon and it has been very rough and cold and tiring and overall exhausting to our mental health and optimism. But recently we have met someone who offered to let us move in to their motorhome on their property with electricity and everything.
No one has offered us any kind of blessing like this and the only thing holding us back is the ability to pay for the deposit so we could move into our new place.. We live in Portland Oregon. And really could use some help if it is out there. Is there any kind of assistance for helping people with paying deposits around here? You have no idea how forever grateful we would be. Please get back to me sir. I'm praying Miracles really do happen. God Bless.