Disabled housing

Find how to get help with rent
hernandez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled housing

Post by hernandez »

I am hoping to receive some good advice or assistance from you and/or your organization. My friend whom is on disability has been staying at my place for a week (I took her in from sleeping in her vehicle) and my home is NOT a permanent solution. I have company coming in town in about 10 days and my friend needs a place.
We have been in contact with every agency you can think of and no one has been able to assist her with housing. I just can’t believe that there are no apartments or housing available for her. She was on the Section 8 list, the last letter she received she returned to them stating she wanted to remain on the list, they removed her from the list and now she is starting the process all over again. Something doesn’t seem right with that…….. SHE IS IN DIRE NEED OF HELP!!!!! She resides in Illinois, Cook County.
sasolis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled housing

Post by sasolis »

Call for local resources, call the local homeless shelters as well. She can get back on the Sect 8 list but if it is like most places its a 2year plus wait anyway and you have to have a deposit and first month rent like any other rental.