Late fees are building on my late rent

Find how to get help with rent
Firmer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Late fees are building on my late rent

Post by Firmer »

Need help with this months rent. My rent is 520 but it keeps going up every day due to fees which will make it harder for me to pay my water and light utilities. I have been on a 40 hour weeks for about 4 months because I was injured at the job with a two broken leg bones...my wife is about to have another baby soon and we have Medicaid for our kids but I can't seem to catch up on my bills.

This is due to since I was off for two weeks and both workers comp checks came in very late which put me behind. Ever since then and now I’m afraid I will be evicted because of late payment with rent and...please help my family and I catch up. Also my car payment will be due soon as well and probably won't have enough for that either.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Late fees are building on my late rent

Post by Admin »

We are not really sure if there is anything you can do about the late fees. Maybe a lawyer in Indiana can help you contest them if they are illegal. Or they can talk to your landlord and lighting company about working out a payment plan. Also, if you were that seriously injured, you should even think about applying for disability, which the attorneys can help with too. Here is a listing of their services. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... and_f.html
Firmer wrote:Need help with this months rent. My rent is 520 but it keeps going up every day due to fees which will make it harder for me to pay my water and light utilities. I have been on a 40 hour weeks for about 4 months because I was injured at the job with a two broken leg bones...my wife is about to have another baby soon and we have Medicaid for our kids but I can't seem to catch up on my bills.

This is due to since I was off for two weeks and both workers comp checks came in very late which put me behind. Ever since then and now I’m afraid I will be evicted because of late payment with rent and...please help my family and I catch up. Also my car payment will be due soon as well and probably won't have enough for that either.