Large family home or apartment needed

Find how to get help with rent
Sterling S
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Large family home or apartment needed

Post by Sterling S »

We live/work/attend school in Pierce County, Washington. We were holding our own as a family of 6 (2 adults & 4 children) but in late July we were made aware of a dire situation involving my husband's children from his previous marriage. We drove to rescue them and relocate them to Washington state. Now, we need a place to live. Our tiny apartment is only 3 bedrooms. I have now 10 kids sharing beds, sleeping on couches, even on the floor. We have rather poor credit from past issues but have been able to consistently pay our rent.
JoshRitter

Re: Large family home or apartment needed

Post by JoshRitter »

Hi, I currently have 3 young children ages 6, 5 and 2. I am homeless. I don't have any family or friends since I lost them all just for trying to be a good mom. My kid’s dad gave up on them just like everybody had on me my whole life. I am willing to do anything to get a roof over my kid’s heads.
I've tried so hard to be a good parent and it seems like no matter how strong and independent I am I just can't get up enough money to get an apartment for my kids. I've been on public assistance for about 4 years now and they helped me with an apartment in New Bedford ma. I lived there for 2 years. My son has severe asthma and certain things that were triggering his asthma the landlord and program just wouldn't fix anything. Even after I got a medical letter about the kind of heating system he had. I've been manipulated where I reside now and I need to
Get out. If there is anything at all you guys can help me with it would make my life complete! I'd have my piece of mind back. Thanks again. And looking forward to hearing from someone soon...
Diannea

Post by Diannea »

Hello. I am currently in need of a large apartment for me and my 4 year old son. I am also currently 26 weeks pregnant. I have applied to the housing commission in Bay City Michigan and haven't gotten anything back and it’s been three months. I desperately need a place to stay. As I am sleeping on a couch with a friend. My time is short where I'm staying so I need to find something immediately.
I have a job, but being a single mother am having a hard time getting money for a place. If you could please email me back with some info it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try the section 8 HUD voucher program in Michigan. generally you can pick your home. Maybe you can find a large one for you. But if it is just you and a couple kids, why do you need a big home? Doesn't seem to make sense to us Any place would seem to be better than a couch. But try Michigan section 8 programs.
Diannea wrote:Hello. I am currently in need of a large apartment for me and my 4 year old son. I am also currently 26 weeks pregnant. I have applied to the housing commission in Bay City Michigan and haven't gotten anything back and it’s been three months. I desperately need a place to stay. As I am sleeping on a couch with a friend. My time is short where I'm staying so I need to find something immediately.
I have a job, but being a single mother am having a hard time getting money for a place. If you could please email me back with some info it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.