Landlords in Wisconsin want a lot of money for security depo

Find how to get help with rent
Thedoctor
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Landlords in Wisconsin want a lot of money for security depo

Post by Thedoctor »

Hello. I am in need of assistance in paying a security deposit for a new apartment. I am new to the voucher program. As I looked for an apartment in Milwaukee Wisconsin under the program I was unable to save money for the security deposit because I was still paying rent and other bills where I am staying currently.
If there is anything you can do for me I would greatly appreciate it. I think the voucher program has so many benefits and I would hate to miss out on it because I can't save up a security deposit. Thank you so much in advance.
sasolis

Re: Landlords in Wisconsin want a lot of money for security

Post by sasolis »

Sadly yes landlords do want quite a bit in deposit funds. Under the voucher program are they allowed to require a full month and how much is that that you have to pay under the program? You can try calling for local resource info, sometimes funds are available but lately they are running low everywhere.
Martin10

Re: Landlords in Wisconsin want a lot of money for security depo

Post by Martin10 »

TO FIND A LANDLORD IN WISCONSIN THAT IS WILLING TO GIVE SOMEONE A FRESH START AS I AM RECENTLY RELEASED AND ALSO RECENTLY DIVORCED. I NEED HELP FINDING A PLACE TO LIVE AND MONEY FOR THE SECURITY DEPOSIT. I AM 44 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE AND BECAUSE OF MY RECORD OR CREDIT I CANNOT FIND ANYBODY THAT WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE.
MtnDew

Re: Landlords in Wisconsin want a lot of money for security depo

Post by MtnDew »

My family has worked SO hard to come back from homelessness, & now my husband & I both have jobs in IL, but we're stuck in WI and unable to set aside money to move. We just need enough for a deposit & 1st month's rent. We've found an apartment, & believe we will be able to keep up with rent, particularly with the money saved from gas costs. Thank you.