Change in SSI payment date is adding fees to my rent

Find how to get help with rent
AmericanG
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Change in SSI payment date is adding fees to my rent

Post by AmericanG »

I need assistance with my rent, which is $116. I am having a problem with my landlord, because my SSI benefits have changed my due date. I will be receiving my check on THIRD WEDNESDAY of every month, due to a Congress Law they just passed. My late fees will be $ 93.50 in which I can't afford at all. I won't be able to survive. I just had open heart surgery last year and this change is stressing me very much. If you could help w it will be a blessing because my landlord don't want to work with me at all. Do you have any resources for me to get some help with this issue and my landlord. God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Change in SSI payment date is adding fees to my rent

Post by Admin »

Here is information on the disability programs in your state of Idaho. But we do not understand. If they changed your payment date to the 3rd Wednesday, why is this an issue? So you can your check maybe several days later. Who cares? Your rent is still due one time per month. Your SSI income or expenses have not changed...just the timing. Are you really that bad of a budgeteter that you can't be flexible enough to deal with this? Anyhow, here are the programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
AmericanG wrote:I need assistance with my rent, which is $116. I am having a problem with my landlord, because my SSI benefits have changed my due date. I will be receiving my check on THIRD WEDNESDAY of every month, due to a Congress Law they just passed.