Landlord lost the money orders I sent him for rent

Find how to get help with rent
Ann Marie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Landlord lost the money orders I sent him for rent

Post by Ann Marie »

I am on disability. I paid rent for August by money orders and landlord did not receive them. I contacted Western union but have to wait 30 days or more. I am in SSDI and only get 839.00 a month. Plus I was paying an additional 50.00 a month for security deposit. I can not afford to pay twice. I gave him an extra 500.00 but he has taxed on late fees of 175.00. I am basically still owing him 550.00 with late fee and deposit. I just got out of the Montgomery house shelter and I do not want to be homeless again. Everywhere I call they just keep referring me to another place. Please help.
sasolis

Re: Landlord lost the money orders I sent him for rent

Post by sasolis »

Did the landlord lose them (as your title says) or did he never get them? If he lost them, he needs to wait for replacements. If he never got them show him proof via the money order receipt they were done and how they were to get to him.
SEC12

Post by SEC12 »

I am a single mother of 2 small children. I’ve been involved in a domestic violence relationship. I left my kids father (my abuser) back in September and was living in a domestic violence shelter called First Step in Wayne, Michigan. When he found out where we were he called the shelter threatening to harm me and the residents which lead to the First Step staff asking us to leave because it was no longer safe for us to be there. I left and in October started staying with my mother, well we recently got evicted and I am bouncing around here and there. We are homeless and in desperate need of help with housing.
Martin1

Post by Martin1 »

About 5 months ago I gave birth to my newborn. Once I wanted to return to work my position was already filled. It's been 3 months since in new and have not been able to find a job. I wanted more info on rental assistance. Can you please send my landlord a money order for it this month? It would be something short-term bit I'm in desperate need of help.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Confused, your title says the landlord lost the money orders but you are requesting money orders for the landlord to cover your rent? Call 211 and look up all local programs on this site that are available to you.
Julie Kay

Post by Julie Kay »

I have been dealing with this problem for a few months now. I’m being evicted from my home for nonpayment when I have PROOF that it was paid and my landlord lost the money order for my rent. They lost the money order and are now blaming it on me and want me to pay the full amount that is past due from last year of February. I have my daughter, her two kids under the age of 7, her husband, and my mother which is 80 years old. We have nowhere else to go and the office is trying to kick us out on the street while this virus is lethal. Please I beg you help us.