Facing eviction in New York

Find how to get help with rent
Mybadder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Facing eviction in New York

Post by Mybadder »

I currently reside in Buffalo New York. At this point, I’m unemployed and suppose to start a job sometime in January. Right now, me and my Two kids are on the verge of eviction for $803.00 in rent. I have tried almost every agency there is in Buffalo NY and they all Say funding has ran out. Erie County department of Social services already assisted me in March with a rent payment and stated they WILL NOT help again. They said they only assist every 5 years. I really need help ASAP or me and my kids will be out on the streets with no place to go.
Please help us!!!
Arey Gol

Re: Facing eviction in New York

Post by Arey Gol »

I need help with paying my rent. I was recently let go from my job in Rochester New York and I don’t qualify for unemployment do to too being a temporary employee. My roommate left in the middle of the month with no notice. And I can't find even another temp job. I’m about too lose everything and I’m currently fighting for custody of my 6 year old. So in order to do that I need to maintain stability. Please help. I live in Monroe county New York.
JohnJackson

Post by JohnJackson »

A friend and her mother got notice today that eviction proceedings will begin on Wednesday, 10/14/15 if she doesn't pay the $1,000.00 rent. At the request of her sole employer, she has been waiting for the boss to move and renovate her office. The boss just told her that the office will not be re-opening. The boss kept telling her (since July) that she would have her job back as soon as the new office in Queens was renovated. The boss asked not to file for unemployment because it would get the boss 'in trouble.’ This unbelievably trusting young woman speaks broken English and is having a hard time understanding everything. Her mother cleans homes and offices and her step father drives a truck, is out of state and out of work a lot. How do I instructor refer her to get assistance immediately?
Targarian

Post by Targarian »

Greetings,
I was refereed to your organization, however the phone number for eviction help in NY on your website does not go through. I had a baby one year ago, and was not working for a while. I had a tenant to help me, who did not pay the rent and put me in arrears. (I am renting.) I am also now pregnant again, (same father,) however I found a job, and can now pay my rent on my own.
Unfortunately, I received a notice of petition for nonpayment from my landlord in the amount of $1,988.46 for the amount in arrears and cannot afford it in addition to my current rent to stay afloat. I do not want to get evicted. I was wondering if you organization in New York might be able to help, or direct me somewhere that could? I have always paid my rent, am very self-sufficient, and will have so much trouble finding a place if I get an eviction on my record. I look forward to hearing from you.