Find how to get help with rent
Boom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Moving to a townhouse and help with deposits and application

Post by Boom »

Hi,
Can you have someone email me at both email addresses? I am a single mom trying to make a clean start over. The house that I am living in now is too big and costs too much. My lease is up 8/31/14. I am trying to find a small house or townhouse to rent that is cheaper but the problem is everyone wants the full months rent as a deposit and a full months rent to move in. I don’t have that kind of money. Do you know of organizations that can help me with the deposit and maybe first months rent?
I am also behind at my current location in rent paying application fees trying to find somewhere to move. Can you please help me catch up and make a new start over?
Campbell

Re: Moving to a townhouse and help with deposits and applica

Post by Campbell »

I need to move out of an expensive apartment and move back nearer to home. It is getting harder and harder to pay this high rent of $650.00 a month out of my social security. Have depleted my resources and need to come up with 1 months rent and deposit and move closer and for a new townhome I found. Have applied for disability but may not come for a long time. Thought would be able to work to supplement income but due to neck problems after cervical fusion cannot. Will appreciate any help. Thank you.
Sandralot

Post by Sandralot »

My family needs a place to live come November 1st. Or financial assistance to help with deposits. Our landlord has evicted us due to severe repairs needed to the house we currently rent. We work hard. We have poor credit. We have a big family. We don't know where to turn.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The landlord can't evict you because he did not do repairs. Something sounds wrong there. Sue the LL if that is the case.
As far as financial aid for the deposits, you will also probably need to repair your credit for a new place. As a landlord may be hesitant to lease to you without a large up front payment. But here you go, find security deposit assistance.
Sandralot wrote:My family needs a place to live come November 1st. Or financial assistance to help with deposits. Our landlord has evicted us due to severe repairs needed to the house we currently rent. We work hard. We have poor credit. We have a big family. We don't know where to turn.