Facing homelessness in California

Find how to get help with rent
Aldean
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Facing homelessness in California

Post by Aldean »

Hello, my family and I reside in Chula Vista California. My husband and I have 7 children ages 9- 21 years old. For about 2 years now we have been in a horrible situation with where we live, due to the habitability issues, lack of repairing and safe sanitary living from no hot water to rats vermin roach infestation. There is also mold, termites no heater, improper working stove. So we decided to enforced repairs after several attempts to contact owner, with the code division of Chula Vista.
Well upon inspection owner was severely sanctioned and fined forced to repair our duplex, which is still occurring today, now after several attempts of harassment from owner service of 3 day retaliation eviction tactics, that have failed. So we hired legal aid society due to severe financial hardship and being permanently disabled, my husband.
We have been forced to sign a agreement to vacate home by October 1st and we are now being put in a horrible position basically pressured. We don't have the financial men's to just move, our children have established schools teachers and we have a 6 the grader who will be graduating in September. To just move one month be for, would put us not only homeless but our kids would have to create a adjustment to new schools and teachers.
It is not fair being that we only bring in 1200 month and we can not afford a 3 bedroom home for our many children. We don't feel it's right for us to have to leave just due to the owner not liking us anymore. We have lived a total 3 years as good tenants, we don't know what to, we need help. I can not bare to be put on the street without children for owner negligence . Please can you be of any help with rental aid. We hope to here from someone soon. Thank you and god bless.
sasolis

Re: Facing homelessness in California

Post by sasolis »

The landlord probably should have had the apt. condemned. Sounds like it is a good idea you get out before its detrimental to you and your families health. You need more like a 4 bedroom with 7 kids. Try Section 8, call 211 for local resources. There is not much out there anymore so many people needing help but please get out of there before you all get sick.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have that many children it may be difficult for any California agency to give you enough money for a new security deposit. The fact is you may need to live with family for a while to save money. Or move into a transitional home so you are not homeless. In either case you need to solve the underlying problem of having poor finances and not being able to afford housing for a family of that size. Also, unfortunately life isn't fair. Do you have any relatives that can take on the children? Anyway, find information on eviction programs in California and even places for a deposit.
Chad45

Post by Chad45 »

I am homeless, and don't know how to get back in my feet without help. I have been trying to do so but misfortune keeps happening. I live in San Diego County, El Cajon, CA. I lost my home during to mothers instability, lost my second job, then ended up losing my other job.
I have been denied unemployment, I been trying to appeal it, I've just recently lost the car I live in. So please help me. I need help to help me get back on track.
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

I live in Santa Cruz CA. I am going through difficulties. I am desperate. I am currently homeless and living out of my car and then my car broke down. I am so sorry to bother you but I have nowhere to turn and I found you guys. Can you please help me? As this isn't supposed to be the way my life turned out. Thank you for your time on this matter and I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are housing and rent programs in Santa Cruz. If you are homeless, and living out of your car, maybe they can place you into a shelter. Then you can go from there. But try them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Fritz wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:07 pm I live in Santa Cruz CA. I am going through difficulties. I am desperate. I am currently homeless and living out of my car and then my car broke down.